• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Findlay 2015 Armed Forces Day Event May 15

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ride needed from Findlay to Stamford CT

Anybody coming from around the New England area that could haul a MTV cargo cover and bows back for johndoe007 ? We could un crate it to make it a more flexible load.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Will finish packing this weekend...I hope---who invented mothers day anyway. If the dorks at Aberdeen had not changed the dates I wouldn't have to deal with this.
You asked; and so, for the record:

- Woman named Anna Jarvis of West (B.G.) Virginia, in 1908.

- To honor her mother, who was a peace activist and tended to wounded of both sides during the American Civil War.

Funny thing was, she detested the commercialization of the holiday (the exploitation for profit), and spent the rest of her days fighting that everywhere she could.

Now you know. The End.

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody coming from around the New England area that could haul a MTV cargo cover and bows back for johndoe007 ? We could un crate it to make it a more flexible load.
I could potentially get it a lot closer! How big a volume do you think it'd dimension out at; LxWxH I haven't chosen my trip vehicle yet and he is approx 3 hrs from me.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
zebedee I hope your are bringing a full size PU or trailer as the stuff I have for you is heavier and bulkier than it appeared in the GL pictures. The cargo cover kit is 375 in the crate 7.5' X2 X2 but pretty sure we can ditch the crate longest piece is about 7' long and that's the bow pieces which are light weight like electrical conduit

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well I am on the way, should be in Dayton tonight and up to Findlay Thursday see you guys there.

Ride for the FMTV cover is no longer needed.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would imagine when you leave my place I'll end up with a lot of crates........or firewood.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suggested directions off of I 90 from the East (NY,PA etc)?

Looks like going to Perrysburg to pickup I 75 would add a bunch of miles compared to cutting across from I 90 back by Sandusky (Exit 110 - then South on OH 4) or getting off for Fremont (Exit 91 - then South on OH 53). As it is, looks like I'll be hitting Cleveland around 3 on Fri afternoon...

Any seasoned show goers or "locals" have an opinion?

Thanks.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
... just put it in GPS and go. No problems.
Not if I had one and trusted it!! I'm still a maps person. (Stick shift, windey windows, no cruise......)

But I do recall quite a lot of non hi way road so that is probably what you described. Wish I was able to go...........
Yeah - it's a toss up between extra miles on the interstates yet straight forward vs shorter distance, fuel saving and sanity of decent scenery yet maybe slower.

Still going to try the ATHS show in a couple of weeks?

Another Ahab

Howard I just put it in GPS and go. No problems. But I do recall quite a lot of non hi way road so that is probably what you described. Wish I was able to go...........
Not if I had one and trusted it!! I'm still a maps person. (Stick shift, windey windows, no cruise......)
'
I hear you. My daughter had a soccer match here in Greenbelt MD a year or two back and I plugged in the address of the playing field on Church Street:

- And the GPS kept directing me to this Presbyterian Church that was a good half-mile from the field. :doh:

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Climate controle

Just incase anyone is wondering about their wardrobe for the weekend - summer frock vs arctic parka.....
Findlay weather.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It can be t-shirt/bikini or cold suit weather and Findlay and believe me, The latter is better than the former. If nothing else for the view.

cjcottrill

I waited in the hotel until most of the rain was through - about noon. There did not seem to be quite as many displays as some past years yet, I'm sure more will be out tomorrow. Plenty of good deals to be had, I did not find everything I would have liked, but I did score a canvas deuce cargo cover and canvas cab cover. A couple NOS end curtains made their way in my pile as well. Thanks to weebee webbing (Mrs. Dave) for bringing my M37 seat covers. I'll have that new canvas smell in the wife's car for a long time.

Bigsarge4ID

Thank you for your help

Hey all. This is my first findlay show, i rode up with shirehorse and do not have a POV. I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to drive me to the nearest store to get some sun screen lotion and some beverages. I will pay gas money. Thanks!

edit: Disregard, thank you for your help!

Last edited: