• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Findlay 2015 Armed Forces Day Event May 15

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flame out on way home

Flame out 3.jpgFlame out 2.jpgFLame out 1.jpgFlame out 4.jpgFlame out 5.jpg

I had put out all the flames, but it was still smoldering as the chaps arrived.
Pic 1 - fire confirmed out, hub cooled off
Pic 2 - Loads of fire trucks, must have been a boring day at the stn
Pic 3 - Gone almost as quick as they arrived - foam left on road.
Pic 4 - melted hub cap
Pic 5 - Tyre lean from collapsed hub/bearing

Unfortunately, the inner race of the bearing is the end of the axle shaft, which once heated, broke clean off, the outer race wore through into the axle shaft - now egg shaped. Take off axle en-route from breakers @$850 delivered.

Them there (in the back of the truck) are some expensive military parts I can tell you.

So, moral of the story - if not for you, carry an extinguisher as a good samaritan. This would have all been a write off if I had not had one and waited for the fire trucks...

Last edited:

Another Ahab

View attachment 560580

So, moral of the story - if not for you, carry an extinguisher as a good samaritan.
That's not a good adventure, and I'm sorry it happened to you, zebedee.

But glad of the good news that nobody got hurt.

And you sure got a story for telling now (not much consolation I know, but it pays to make the most of the cards you get dealt, you know!?).

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Follow up on the show.

I have to know as a kind of rhetorical question(s):

1. Was I hiding out?
2. Is there any member that didn't know where CARNAC was set up?
3. Would there be any reason someone wouldn't be able to find me at Findlay?

Maybe I should raise the flag of CARNAC to mark my spot.

Kasper31

CARNAC was very hard to find among the big boxes the were not open and the ones that were open, out in front of everyone wearing the "anti sand head scarf " and with his guard dog.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks