• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Findlay OH 2016 Military show. May 20-22nd

jatonka

I got a newer ride so that I can make it to Findlay, I really liked the show and the people I finally met last year. No more Aberdeen for this boy. JT

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to the show! I'll be there Thursday afternoon through Sat. Bringing m108, and have a m1061 for sale. And couple toys. And food for kip.

LanceRobson

Close, my favorite bratwurst.
Stretch, if you're making those brats I'd like to get with you and visit a bit. I'm always looking for ideas and to tweak recipes.

Kipman, I know you said you're bringing a smoker but I'll likely tote one along, too. BBQ is like beer. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

I don't want to get in the way of anything you have planned but we process our own critters here on the farm. We cure and smoke a variety of meats, make sausages etc. We've got venison brats (I think?), venison hot dogs and franks, about any cut of venison you can name including corned venison and pastrami and a boatload of tied roasts for steaks or as roasts. Beef pastrami, goose, duck (I'm pretty sure), turkey, home cured bacon, Canadian bacon, smoked boneless pork chops, hot and cold smoked Polish sausage, Italian sausage, pork cheese brats ....you get the picture. There's time to cure and smoke a big venison roast for pastrami. make jerky or snack sticks or to cure a turkey or two for smoking.

Let me know if there's anything that fits your plans. She-who-must-be-obeyed says we have to to thin out the stuff in the freezers before I can knock any more big critters on the head.....

Oh, and eggs. Lot of eggs. Everything around here comes with eggs (at least until the farm stands open and some go down the road)...... Boiled eggs, pickled eggs, smoked eggs, deviled eggs, poached egge, scrambled and fried eggs, souffles..... For the ladies: mousse, creme brulee, flan....

Hey, did I mention we have eggs?

Lance

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like eggs and live on a farm and not allowed to have chickens or any animals other than our four cats for that matter. :-(

Yes i will be making the trip solo. Leaving Thursday morning and will be in after lunch sometime i have a three an five kw venset can bring. Also have two 103 trailer my duece trailer genset parts fuel tanks m37 wheels an tires 105 headboards 105 with 715 maintenance bed also a engineer s trailer, an pioneer tool trailer and the m200 duece trailer. If you see it an want it in list call me as my internet is down at the LZ so on phone an can't hardly see this. 812-571-2137 Thanks yall. See ya soon. Happy trails to youu7uuu7uuuuuuu

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
All this talk about pickled eggs, (which I love) reminds me I need to stop by a Meijer and pick up a couple of jars of pickled bologna for my Southern friend so he will have meat snacks at the Ga Rally. Also need to snag another pie from the Mennonite lady at the farmers market Thursday night when I get there, I forgot I bought one last year and it sat on the dash till Saturday evening and it was still delicious!! BTW it was peach rhubarb.

LanceRobson

All this talk about pickled eggs, (which I love) reminds me I need to stop by a Meijer and pick up a couple of jars of pickled bologna
Hmm...if I set up a batch of pickled eggs today it won't be ready unless folks like a really mild flavor but I have a half dozen in pickle to test a new recipe that I might be able to sneak out the door without getting scuffed up by Nancy. There's also time to make and pickle sausage (which might include bologna) but it won't ready to eat in a week. Now that I'm thinking about it I think I'm going to thaw some home cured smoked kielbasa and plunk it in a sweet pickle to test it out.

I wonder if I put the sausage, some boiled eggs and the pickle in the chamber vacuum sealer and bag it if it would get the pickle into them an just a few days? I think we'll find out, ehh?

Lance

LanceRobson

I have a 12 lb turkey taking a spa treatment in a pail of seasoned cure. We'll have to decide what day is best for it's treatment in a spa sauna....err, smoker.

Will somebody have a grill handy and, if so, should I bring some critter parts to grill? If it helps any my shelter has a microwave oven and a small convection oven (two 9x13 pans max).

Lance

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am wanting to be out packing the truck but it is still raining, lying weather man:twisted: said it should have stopped an hour ago. I leave in the AM tomorrow for Dayton spend the night then load up Thurs AM to arrive in Findlay in time to catch evening farmers market.
From past experience I have packed everything from shorts to arctic gear. I can't wait to get on the road for my first show/rally of the year!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will load out and be gone before I'm home. No driving on the grass. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks