• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finished WMO filter 2nd video

RANDYDIRT

I don't know If I would use your fuel in a CCUV because it needs to be filtered a little finer, But I do like your ideas.

Dirt

Tlauden

Again, sweet setup. I was pricing some of the things I will need to copy your idea ( if that's ok) and by far the filters are the most expensive, I think around $25 at tractor supply. But heck, $75 to build a setup like yours or over $200 to fill at the pump... I think that's a No brainer! Once again thanks for posting!!![thumbzup]

jimh1985

I dont mind if you copy it, I posted it on youtube as private so only you guys could see it. I figure i owe it to the steelsoldiers website, ive gotten allot of help here.
The filters are the big cost, but I am looking into places like napa im sure they would have some hydraulic filters that would work. I hope.

goldwing2000

Banned
I dont mind if you copy it, I posted it on youtube as private so only you guys could see it. I figure i owe it to the steelsoldiers website, ive gotten allot of help here.
The filters are the big cost, but I am looking into places like napa im sure they would have some hydraulic filters that would work. I hope.
I think the Wix number for the 10 micron filter that fits on the TSC base is 51551. Carquest (81551) and NAPA (1551) both carry re-branded Wix filters.
The 33 micron filter is 51553, 20 micron is 51552. Haven't searched out a number for a 5 micron or a 1 micron in that size.

Tlauden

Thank you, although TSC sells canister type filters with the drains at the bottom, not sure what I'll get yet, I'll need to look at the options they have to offer. Next I'll need to get an air hose fitting with glad hand and regulator. The deuce is the only compressor I have :roll:

Tlauden

Well I had a tough battle with the valve on the propane tank I got and well... The propane tank won... :( the valve doesn't look pretty but it's still on there good and tight haha. To the OP... Do you think a old air compressor tank would work? There's some good deals on craigslist a d I figured asking around should get me a tank. And I figured it has threaded ports from factory on it so that might be a plus!

Once again thank you for the idea and I hope you don't mind me taking our idea and tinkering around with it. Without your idea I would have never thought of this!!!

jimh1985

Yes and air compressor tank would be great I to battled for quite some time with the propane valve I ended up cutting the shroud off that gaurds the valve and using a pipe wrench and on the other tank bashed it with a hammer untill it turned :) where there's a will theeres a way hah. Just make sure the tanks good and empty infact I recomand filling it with water to make sure ;-)

Tlauden

I am new to this, but very interested and learning. Is anyone letting their WMO "settle" before trying to de water, filter it? Thanks Jim
Yes, lots of people have done/tried this. Alot of folks recomend to sit it outside in a barrel in the hot summer sun to help with the separation process. There is alot of good info in the ALT. Fuels section, I have read probably 95% of the threads there lookin at people's setups and different info.

k4vem4n

Nice setup, I have been in the works gathering storage drums and trying to find readily available WMO.

Can anyone tell me if hydraulic oil is ok to use in the multifuel? The port where I work seems to have a lot of that laying around along with plenty of motor oil :grin:

Also, I agree, with adding the 1-2 micron filter for a final stage IMO if not just for peace of mind. Thanks for the video!!!

tco3129

Can anyone tell me if hydraulic oil is ok to use in the multifuel? The port where I work seems to have a lot of that laying around along with plenty of motor oil
My deuce had been ran for several years with nothing but WHO by the previous owner. It did however run better when I topped off the tank with 30 gal of fresh diesel.

goldwing2000

Banned
Hydraulic oil will burn but it is very hygroscopic. The water absorbs into the oil and doesn't naturally separate, so decreases the BTU rating. That would be why tco3129's engine ran better with some fresh diesel!
If you ran it through a VERY good water separator, it should work just fine.

rustyg

Thanks for the video jimh, looks like a great way to filter waste oil for our trucks[thumbzup]
I'm building one based off your design.