• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First drive with grandsons!

Took my two grandsons for a short ride yesterday and went thru the proper shifting sequence with the 15 year old to show him how easy it was. He did a perfect job shifting the gears and the smile on his face was awsome! Anyway his first experience driving a deuce wil be something we will both remember for a long long time. The other grandson? He can't hardly wait to get behind the wheel. His time will come too.

Last edited:

zout

Almost everyone can remember from their youth that most impressionable moment (moments) in their life that made the greatest influence on them - or the most rememberable.

I am sure that is what you just did - for years that will be something he will never forget and possibly when his turn comes around - to do that with someone else.

Its like you roll your eyes and look up long afterward - and replay that video in your head.

Great job Elkhunter - thanks for sharing:beer:

Almost everyone can remember from their youth that most impressionable moment (moments) in their life that made the greatest influence on them - or the most rememberable.

I am sure that is what you just did - for years that will be something he will never forget and possibly when his turn comes around - to do that with someone else.

Its like you roll your eyes and look up long afterward - and replay that video in your head.

Great job Elkhunter - thanks for sharing:beer:
Thanks zout! I hope others will have the same experience we had yesterday, I know its something we'll both never foget! By the way granddaughters are going to be included in a couple of years also. What a great feeling!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NICE[thumbzup]! Passing the torch. Those are some lucky lads. Beats the heck out of cellphones and video games.

When I was a teenager all the kids wanted fancy BMW's and the like. All I wanted to do was show up to school driving a Deuce. The closest I got was a '72 IH Scout.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks