• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First drive with grandsons!

Took my two grandsons for a short ride yesterday and went thru the proper shifting sequence with the 15 year old to show him how easy it was. He did a perfect job shifting the gears and the smile on his face was awsome! Anyway his first experience driving a deuce wil be something we will both remember for a long long time. The other grandson? He can't hardly wait to get behind the wheel. His time will come too.

Last edited:

zout

Almost everyone can remember from their youth that most impressionable moment (moments) in their life that made the greatest influence on them - or the most rememberable.

I am sure that is what you just did - for years that will be something he will never forget and possibly when his turn comes around - to do that with someone else.

Its like you roll your eyes and look up long afterward - and replay that video in your head.

Great job Elkhunter - thanks for sharing:beer:

Almost everyone can remember from their youth that most impressionable moment (moments) in their life that made the greatest influence on them - or the most rememberable.

I am sure that is what you just did - for years that will be something he will never forget and possibly when his turn comes around - to do that with someone else.

Its like you roll your eyes and look up long afterward - and replay that video in your head.

Great job Elkhunter - thanks for sharing:beer:
Thanks zout! I hope others will have the same experience we had yesterday, I know its something we'll both never foget! By the way granddaughters are going to be included in a couple of years also. What a great feeling!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NICE[thumbzup]! Passing the torch. Those are some lucky lads. Beats the heck out of cellphones and video games.

When I was a teenager all the kids wanted fancy BMW's and the like. All I wanted to do was show up to school driving a Deuce. The closest I got was a '72 IH Scout.