• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FIRST SHOW of the SEASON

dmetalmiki

Some pictures from the "Bunker Bash" In Essex U.K. nr cheltnam London. re-enactors and two of my trucks at the show. there were 3 actually but the "yellow nose" deuce was used to ferry U.S. Soldiers in the Enactors Ring so wasn't in shot..
Weather held ok , sunny but rather cold and windy. But we "sheltered" down in the Wartime Bunker! HUGE facillity, about 5 floors in depth with ALL the orriginal Cold War erra equiptment still in place..hospital, canteens, ops rooms, radio rooms, etc. 100k generators and full contam air conditioning. A city underground, amazing. (the Food and utility chain hoist which lifted through five levels had a swl of 2.5 tons!.) A good two hours of back in the past roaming in the "secret Underground Bunker". We will try to find the pictures of that, when I retrieve my camera which I left in the truck Down in Essex!..
(their new home in a Hanger).

Attachments

DieselBob

Great pics'..[thumbzup] I always would rather have the weather a touch on the cool side instead of sweltering hot. A lot easier to slip on a jacket or coat if need be. Sounds like the bunker was a neat adventure.