• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fixed my rear window crank

maritimer

well the warm weather is here, and i am tired of dragging stuff in and out through the front doors so i too kym truck to my g/f's dad and after removing the assembly and handle mech the only thing wrong was the ears on the crank handle it self had broken off *damn cheap pot metal* so i/we decided screw it got a piece of 3/4" pipe notched it on one end to engage the tabs on the regulator mechanisim, cut some grooves to attach the snap ring that holds it all in to the assembly/bracket and brazed a 1/2 drive socket into to it flush with the end. works A-1 and looks alot better LOL

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had a problem with ours and welded up a small insertable tool to crank it up and down but then my son broke off the tabs inside and I got deployed so until i get home again and see what other fix I can do it is up all the time. I would like to completly replace it with a more durable unit and I may have to build that myself when I get home.

maritimer

Re: RE: fixed my rear window crank

Braunchitis said:
Picture/diagram please?
i will put together a diagram as i was a retard and didnt get pics of the innards while i had them out. but its actully quite easy to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks