• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fixed my rear window crank

maritimer

well the warm weather is here, and i am tired of dragging stuff in and out through the front doors so i too kym truck to my g/f's dad and after removing the assembly and handle mech the only thing wrong was the ears on the crank handle it self had broken off *damn cheap pot metal* so i/we decided screw it got a piece of 3/4" pipe notched it on one end to engage the tabs on the regulator mechanisim, cut some grooves to attach the snap ring that holds it all in to the assembly/bracket and brazed a 1/2 drive socket into to it flush with the end. works A-1 and looks alot better LOL

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had a problem with ours and welded up a small insertable tool to crank it up and down but then my son broke off the tabs inside and I got deployed so until i get home again and see what other fix I can do it is up all the time. I would like to completly replace it with a more durable unit and I may have to build that myself when I get home.

maritimer

Re: RE: fixed my rear window crank

Braunchitis said:
Picture/diagram please?
i will put together a diagram as i was a retard and didnt get pics of the innards while i had them out. but its actully quite easy to do.