• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fixed my starting issue!! Mep802

CDR

If you've followed my other posts I had a starting issue with MEP802. I had no power going to the starting relay. I tried absolutely everything could not find the problem. Well yesterday I spent all day and I found the problem I guess is happened from vibration I also found another wire on the ballast resistor was broken. Generator starts up it works great!!! Ran it for about an hour then noticed my load meter stopped working... Grrrr always seems to be something.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401831838.896425.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would have been nice if you just posted this update on a past thread that dealt with the issue.

CDR

Would have been nice if you just posted this update on a past thread that dealt with the issue.
I guess it might of but I had trouble finding it. I'm sorry in the future I won't share anything that might potentially help another member...

Chainbreaker

I guess it might of but I had trouble finding it. I'm sorry in the future I won't share anything that might potentially help another member...
I think for those of us that have a similar issue and using "search" function to find similar problems it is best to see the solution in the same thread, and it helps close out the thread so others don't reply not knowing it has been fixed/resolved. If threads get splintered into multiple threads it makes it difficult to track down what the fix was if not mated to original thread.

Also, can't you go to your "My Profile" to find your original posts?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your finding! I agree it looks like a vibration issue maybe coupled with a little corrosion that caused the spade lug to fracture and break off.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start by clicking on your user name(in the who's on line list on the main page).

Then click on either, forum threads or forum posts, to find your own posts.

Or, you can do an advanced search for posts by yourself.

Now, think how helpful those hints would be to you, if I just started a new thread and posted them there.

Last edited:

Triplecrush

I am about to pull my hair out trying to figure out why my 802A wont start from the main switch. Everything else works but the start function. If i disconnect the fuel solenoid and use the hard crank switch inside unit i can get it to run but otherwise it does not work. Can you tell me what wire goes where? so i can test my relays or whatnot? Hate to sound like an idiot but in this case I am one. I have no clue how to read electrical schematics. I can find the starting point but have no clue from there. ANY help would be appreciated.

CDR

I am about to pull my hair out trying to figure out why my 802A wont start from the main switch. Everything else works but the start function. If i disconnect the fuel solenoid and use the hard crank switch inside unit i can get it to run but otherwise it does not work. Can you tell me what wire goes where? so i can test my relays or whatnot? Hate to sound like an idiot but in this case I am one. I have no clue how to read electrical schematics. I can find the starting point but have no clue from there. ANY help would be appreciated.
On my machine I had many wire connections that broke off from what I'm assuming was vibration first check power at your master switch then check every single connection to the relays. Is actually pretty involved what happens when you turn the switch to start. You need to look at a electrical schematic and work backwards checking everything. Most likely you have the same issue as me it's going to be one of the wires that vibrated and broke off. Check out the picture.

Triplecrush

I fixed the starting issue. It was missing a jumper wire off the main switch. I now have another issue. I started the generator and the 2 outlets on the generator put out power good and will run a light or anything else I plug into it. I hooked up 220 and have it on a 50 amp plug to my RV and it is dying under load. I can't turn on the tv without the generator dying when I turn something on. What do I do here? Is this a user error? Any help appreciated. This is a 5kw MEP-802A generator.

Chainbreaker

...What do I do here? Is this a user error? Any help appreciated. This is a 5kw MEP-802A generator.
It would be helpful for you to describe (or photograph) how you have it connected at the output lugs and what your voltage switch settings are set to in order to determine if your configured properly.

Also, why not start a new post with a thread title (ex: MEP-802a dying under load) specifically related to your current issue? Might get more attention that way.

Ah, never mind I see you did that. Here is a link so others will know: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?130871-MEP-802A-Generator-Dying-Under-Load

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks