• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flame heater removal progress check

gotojw

In southern california, I dont think I'll ever need the flame heater. Got the truck running today. Removed the supply tube and plugged with the 1/4 inch npt plug, removed the return "T" line and replaced with fuel line from the return line. No auto part stores in my area have the fuel lines. Also replaced some cracked fuel lines. Swapped the batteries from the pickup to the deuce and it started on first crank. I'll need to check the oil filter housing, because about a half a quart of oil leaked out before I realized. Let the truck run for 15 minutes or so, no more oil leaks. Seems it only happened on start up. Some gray smoke coming from the turbo area, maybe a loose connection, or its burning off diesel fuel that was leaking from the previous flame heater malfunction. Anyways, ran out of time for working on it today, will pickup where I left off tomorrow. :)

fpchief

Thanks for the response fpchief! I've been browsing through the TM's trying to find a diagram of my issue. Havent located the trouble pieces yet... there is a weephole that streams diesel out of it. It sits on top of the intake manifold under the rectangular metal shield. I believe it might be the flame heater fuel pump? Any direction to the proper TM or advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Also there looks to be a bolt on top, I'm wondering if I remove that, is there some sort of spring assembly or something worth cleaning out in there. Thinking something might be in a "stuck open" state. View attachment 787558
I know nothing about them, just how to take them off!!! South Bama= flame heater delete!!! Need any parts let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks