• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Round Up...

aboonski

ajg6989 said:
thanks for the invite will have to see used to fly at seminole lake do you know Knut
Hello from West Melbourne Florida! I will probably come with my M1008 CUCV unless I can get some of the mechanical problems fixed on my deuce. It doesn't sound like a big drive from where I live and the CUCV is a great vehicle to travel in. I just have to make sure I mark the calendar with the proper dates. I am retired now so time is on my side! Thanks for the invitation! Al Broadbent

jomueller

Thanks for the invitation. Great idea and I would like to be there - does not work this time.

Let me express here my gratitude for the SS members help. I brought a Unimog from Germany (ex Swiss Army) to FL. With your help I was able to get insurance and I was able to drive the mog from Brunswick to Palm Coast. There was a lot of huffing and puffing and the vehicle makes some strange and loud noises. Could come from suspension or drive train. Now I need to inspect and maintain the vehicle and hopefully remove all noises.

My wife was furious when she learned that I bought the vehicle but then she admitted the mog is "cute" and her anger is reduced to "you don't need that vehicle". In the meantime I joke about my "Mercedes Convertible" though I had not taken the side windows out yet and I do not know yet how to fold the windshield down.

Have lots of fun at the meeting and count me in for the future, hopefully with my mog working.

devilman96

No I don't know Knut, but I am familiar with the airport its self (as you have to drive across it to and from)... I do know its up for sale if anyone is sporting 2.8M and likes gliders.

Again it would be great to have everyone there... I beleave we have a GA "challenge" here so lets try and show those guys up for a change! [thumbzup]

grizzly127

This is Grizzly127, I will be there. I am currently installing a new 6.2 with turbo into my m1009 and I hope to be done by then. We need to do it rihgt. Let me know if I can bring anything, or if we should paln on making a donation.

Great idea,

Grizzly127

devilman96

Thanks for the offer... Im trying to avoid the donation thingo totally... Fuel is bad enough and for some of us like myself, its a long haul up there.

I have some connections through work which allow me to order food wholesale (really good quality stuff) so a whole pig, burgers and dogs by the case so its not that big of a deal to put out. (I work for one of those fancy private club thingos)... Some slaw, beans, chips, a pile of wood and some smoke you have a decent BBQ happening all we really need otherwise is ourselves to show up...

I am hoping I can start these off on a good note... I am not aware of any previous FL events so I figure if I can make the first one a good show maybe we can lean towards an annual get together...

alphadeltaromeo

I'm driving to Florida next Monday...biz trip...will be there all week. I will be staying in Ocala with the folks and driving to Tampa daily for my meetings.

Boelt63A

Posted your invite on the REal 4X4's pinz site nd at least one guy with a 710K said he would be there. He in turn has extended the offer to some of his friends. May have a Mog there and a few pinz's if they can make it.

Chuck

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good. Heck it is only 1.5 hrs. to Orlando 8) Don't know if I will have the beast Titled and taged but would like to meet some of you.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will post closer to the day and see if there is anything else we can bring. If it is allright I can bring lot's of ice fireworks and beer. Bad thing I don't drink beer. 8)

devilman96

Just another bump for the meet... I will be going up this weekend to mow out some trails and knock some brush out of the way. If the brain kicks in gear I should be able to bring back some photos and the likes while doing a little off road testing on my beast!

Map information to the location is below, put in your address and it will give an idea of distance and the likes....

http://www.google.com/maps?q=%2B28%C2%B0+24%27+28.41%22,+-81%C2%B0+51%27+49.04+(28.407892,+-81.863622)&ie=UTF8&z=13&om=1&iwloc=addr

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
447 miles..........hmm.................................................................

devilman96

Welcome and dont be shy, if your intrested in M35's and want to see a few up close, ask questions and go for a ride feel free to come on over and check things out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks