• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida to GA,SC,NC,VA,MD,OH,MI,IN,AL,LA

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to hi jack a thread and by no means disrespecting Coconut Creek, but I had a question about a few Pelican field desks I found in Southfield Michigan. They are both the rugged plastic not cardboard or wood.

The single is selling for $350 and the double for $580.00

Kenny, are these a good deal worth pursuing, I thought they were.................?

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don, the guy Kenny got his from is close to me and has some more. I'm pretty sure Kenny's was cheaper.

Kenny, I got it today.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one off ebay. Got it for $300. It's the admin desk not the field desk. Almost the same but the table portion is self supporting and adjustable in height. The prices your guy is asking is reasonable. The seller I got mine from does have more.

Stonepicker1

Been up for 25 hours with no sleep. Going to crash here in Henderson,NC.
I will unload some AC kit at 8am here. then go to Norfork to pickup my cucv rads.
Then to Richmond, VA to drop off one AC Kit and some tires.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trip Updates

Hope your sleep was restful!

Leg1: FL to SC: 650+ miles
Leg 2: SC to NC 300+ miles, 1000 miles so far: Hit the beach when you are out on the point!
Leg 3: NC to NC 400+ Miles Hours Slept = 0 25 hour run Leg1-Leg3
Leg 4: NC to VA 389+ Miles 1800 miles so far:

Stonepicker1

Hope your sleep was restful!

Leg1: FL to SC: 650+ miles
Leg 2: SC to NC 300+ miles, 1000 miles so far: Hit the beach when you are out on the point!
Leg 3: NC to NC 400+ Miles Hours Slept = 0 25 hour run Leg1-Leg3
Leg 4: NC to VA 389+ Miles 1800 miles so far:
LOL.....Here is an update:

I just got to MD around 9:30 tonight.
Spent last night sleeping in the cab of my truck at Walmart parking lot in Henderson.
I dropped some A/C kit at 8:00am this morning in Henderson, NC and then went to Norfolk, VA to pickup my 4, CUCV Rad around 2:00pm.
Then went to Richmond, VA to drop off another A/C kit and some tires a few miles north of there to another SS Member.
Everythng is going well so far.

ps: I got pulled over coming out of Norfolk.:roll:..DOT were in two SUVs and he said this when he walked up to my window....."Hi, just checking weight....you transporting Military stuff"....I said "yes" and tried to show him my Military ID. He said "Thats OK, have a good trip" and left.;-)

I'll be staying here in MD for a few day's, then onto Ohio/Michigan.

Stonepicker1

If you are looking at getting one or more of my A/C Kits, please send me a pm with your address so I can plan out the next leg of my trip.
I will be in AL on the 27th with a trailer full of AC kits.
I will be at the LA rally and could go TX an OK if I can get buyers on the way.
Thank you.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL.....Here is an update:

ps: I got pulled over coming out of Norfolk.:roll:..DOT were in two SUVs and he said this when he walked up to my window....."Hi, just checking weight....you transporting Military stuff"....I said "yes" and tried to show him my Military ID. He said "Thats OK, have a good trip" and left.;-)
I love that Phil, " You transporting Military stuff" Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what does it look like. I wonder what he was really thinking.

Have fun in MD! I got lost in your cities so I need an update to track milage :)

Stonepicker1

Update Sunday, 22nd of April.

Going over to the gun show in VA today.
I may not leave MD untill Monday. Next stop will be "Gimpyrobb" in Cinicinnati, Ohio. Picking up cargo nets and dropping off load binders. Then up to Lima, Ohio to drop off A/C Kit. After that, up to Michigan.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woohoo, my desk is preparing for its journey to parts north, west and southwest before returning to FL.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will this make this desk a "road scholar"?
Nope but it will make a mighty offical looking registration desk at SSGR2012 if I can go! My ruggedized Dell laptop is dead again so I'm trying to scare up a basic toughbook with Windows XP to run the Dymo program for the name tags. Most folks were quite happy with the nametags and this year I promise to keep them on file for Clinto.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope but it will make a mighty official looking registration desk at SSGR2012 if I can go! My ruggedized Dell laptop is dead again so I'm trying to scare up a basic tough book with Windows XP to run the Dymo program for the name tags. Most folks were quite happy with the nametags and this year I promise to keep them on file for Clinto.
Kenny,
I have an extra Toughbook w/o a hard drive for free to you if you want it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don, I think I'm going to have to take you up on that. All I need is the bare minimum to run the nametag printer. Phil isn't going that far is he? Heck, I can certainly afford shipping either way. 1000 thanks Sir.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a string. Pm me the address and I will ship it out. Remember, You need a hard drive for it...!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks