• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida to Missouri, M923 pickup

Barron

I wondered about that, but didn't see a winch, and I thought the winches on 900 series are Hyd powered?

Stonepicker1

I wondered about that, but didn't see a winch, and I thought the winches on 900 series are Hyd powered?
The truck is an ex-USMC truck.

Update on road trip:
I just got to Lexington, KY and checked into the hotel. I left St. Louis late around 1:00pm.
All is good and the truck is runnig great.
Heading to papacom around 11:00am in the morning.

Still have room to haul stuff.....maybe I can buy some hay and take it back and sell it.:idea:

Stonepicker1

I'll be leaving the hotel around 11:00am today. Heading to papacom's place which is about 20 miles away to pick-up some good OD stuff. Then I'll be heading south. Hope to miss all the rain that is coming in.
ps: I did bring my wet weather gear just in case it starts raining inside the truck. :)

Stonepicker1

Update on my location..time 9:30 pm...stopped at Charleston. TN to get food and fuel..I checked the fuel mileage and it looks like i'm getting 9 mpg.:razz:
Truck is rumming strong..avg about 64 mph. Going to push out a few more hours on the road.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update: got into Floroda aroun 2pm. All is good..we ate about 40 miles east of Jacksonville on I10....about 370 to home.
This is what really sucks about Florida, you can enter the state at 2P and it still takes until 10P to get home. Press on Phil & PJ.

Stonepicker1

MADE IT HOME at 11:00pm!!!!!!:beer:
The the 2,835 mile road trip is complete.
Miles and hours for the M923 were 1,575 miles and 29 hours.
I got an avg of 8 mpg running at an avg speed of 63 mph. Total fuel cost around $750.00(just for the M923. not counting my CUCV-II with trailer).
Top speed was 72 mph down a hill with top speed on a flat road of 69 mph.
The truck drove best at around 62 mph.

I'll post more pictures later.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This is what really sucks about Florida, you can enter the state at 2P and it still takes until 10P to get home. Press on Phil & PJ.

I hate Illinois on I-57, you enter down at Cairo and its not a bad drive to Marion. Then after that its just nothing to look at all the way to Chicago. It is sort of like the midwest. I prefer to drive at night! Glad you made it home stone!

rrrr

What a recovery !

Phil:

Thanks so much for delivering the deuce bed. I've already started the project and completed the largest portion of the 932a1 tractor modification. I'll post a new thread when I have the pictures ready. :beer:

Now, off to work !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks