• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida to Missouri, M923 pickup

Stonepicker1

Some video's from the trip:
First one is leaving St. Louis, MO to Lexington, KY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE3BF_x5C5A
Second video is leaving the rest stop on I-10 in Florida heading to Jacksonville.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqFKJHZQ7Jg
I always did a quick PMCS at all my stops on the way to Florida. I have a small leak at the filter(just might need to tighten) and an exhaust leak at the bottom of the muffler.
I looked in the fuel tank when I picked it up and you could see a little bit of alge in the bottom of the tank. I will flush the fuel system and change the fuel filter also( this will be in a new thread )

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone had the HAMMER DOWN!!! That is as far as I have ever seen a M-series speedo wrapped around. 900's are just bad azz.

Stonepicker1

Cleaned-up and unloaded the truck. Looks like it just came out of the shop for service. New parts and the grease fitting all had fresh grease on them.:grin:

Truck is way to big to park at the house:roll:

Attachments

rrrr

Talk about rolling down the highway !

If you were going to have any issues with the truck they would have showed up by know.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is such a beautiful machine. I am so glad a fellow collector got it and not a foreign government or dealer. Great that you got it so reasonable. I thought I did well on mine, but that is a real bargain on a standout truck.

Are those 1400 or 1600 tires? And what is your top speed with them?

Edit: Erg.. Nevermind
MADE IT HOME at 11:00pm!!!!!!:beer:
The the 2,835 mile road trip is complete.
Miles and hours for the M923 were 1,575 miles and 29 hours.
I got an avg of 8 mpg running at an avg speed of 63 mph. Total fuel cost around $750.00(just for the M923. not counting my CUCV-II with trailer).
Top speed was 72 mph down a hill with top speed on a flat road of 69 mph.
The truck drove best at around 62 mph.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

That is such a beautiful machine. I am so glad a fellow collector got it and not a foreign government or dealer. Great that you got it so reasonable. I thought I did well on mine, but that is a real bargain on a standout truck.

Are those 1400 or 1600 tires? And what is your top speed with them?

Edit: Erg.. Nevermind
The tires are 1400R x 20, The top speed is around 68 now ( I did have it at 72 mph by the GPS, but that was when I first picked it up. I think the fuel filter picked up some junk from the fuel tank)

The wife wants me to sell it, but I think I'll just have to get a new wife...lol

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tires are 1400R x 20, The top speed is around 68 now ( I did have it at 72 mph by the GPS, but that was when I first picked it up. I think the fuel filter picked up some junk from the fuel tank)

The wife wants me to sell it, but I think I'll just have to get a new wife...lol
Well I have had several wives that I would have gladly traded for that truck you have, but the wife I have now thinks the trucks are just fine as long as I keep them out of the flowerbeds.

Hope you manage to keep it, it is an unusual find for the price/condition.

Try making it pretty for her. Put in some nice curtains. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks