• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida to Missouri, M923 pickup

Stonepicker1

Some video's from the trip:
First one is leaving St. Louis, MO to Lexington, KY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE3BF_x5C5A
Second video is leaving the rest stop on I-10 in Florida heading to Jacksonville.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqFKJHZQ7Jg
I always did a quick PMCS at all my stops on the way to Florida. I have a small leak at the filter(just might need to tighten) and an exhaust leak at the bottom of the muffler.
I looked in the fuel tank when I picked it up and you could see a little bit of alge in the bottom of the tank. I will flush the fuel system and change the fuel filter also( this will be in a new thread )

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone had the HAMMER DOWN!!! That is as far as I have ever seen a M-series speedo wrapped around. 900's are just bad azz.

Stonepicker1

Cleaned-up and unloaded the truck. Looks like it just came out of the shop for service. New parts and the grease fitting all had fresh grease on them.:grin:

Truck is way to big to park at the house:roll:

Attachments

rrrr

Talk about rolling down the highway !

If you were going to have any issues with the truck they would have showed up by know.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is such a beautiful machine. I am so glad a fellow collector got it and not a foreign government or dealer. Great that you got it so reasonable. I thought I did well on mine, but that is a real bargain on a standout truck.

Are those 1400 or 1600 tires? And what is your top speed with them?

Edit: Erg.. Nevermind
MADE IT HOME at 11:00pm!!!!!!:beer:
The the 2,835 mile road trip is complete.
Miles and hours for the M923 were 1,575 miles and 29 hours.
I got an avg of 8 mpg running at an avg speed of 63 mph. Total fuel cost around $750.00(just for the M923. not counting my CUCV-II with trailer).
Top speed was 72 mph down a hill with top speed on a flat road of 69 mph.
The truck drove best at around 62 mph.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

That is such a beautiful machine. I am so glad a fellow collector got it and not a foreign government or dealer. Great that you got it so reasonable. I thought I did well on mine, but that is a real bargain on a standout truck.

Are those 1400 or 1600 tires? And what is your top speed with them?

Edit: Erg.. Nevermind
The tires are 1400R x 20, The top speed is around 68 now ( I did have it at 72 mph by the GPS, but that was when I first picked it up. I think the fuel filter picked up some junk from the fuel tank)

The wife wants me to sell it, but I think I'll just have to get a new wife...lol

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tires are 1400R x 20, The top speed is around 68 now ( I did have it at 72 mph by the GPS, but that was when I first picked it up. I think the fuel filter picked up some junk from the fuel tank)

The wife wants me to sell it, but I think I'll just have to get a new wife...lol
Well I have had several wives that I would have gladly traded for that truck you have, but the wife I have now thinks the trucks are just fine as long as I keep them out of the flowerbeds.

Hope you manage to keep it, it is an unusual find for the price/condition.

Try making it pretty for her. Put in some nice curtains. :beer: