• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not saying that it'll work on a SEE, but I've had good luck on other vehicles with simply filling the master and then let it sit for a few days. Self bleeding at its finest...if time allows.
This is what I am doing now, I am trying to get a head of this POS for a change if the self bleeding dose not work, being that everything done already has been a fight, why should I think things will change with a simple slave cylinder bleed.

Another Ahab

This is what I am doing now, I am trying to get a head of this POS for a change if the self bleeding dose not work, being that everything done already has been a fight, why should I think things will change with a simple slave cylinder bleed.

What is the meaning of hope springs eternal?

People will keep on hoping, no matter what the odds. For example, I keep buying lottery tickets—hope springs eternal. This expression was coined by Alexander Pope (An Essay on Man, 1732) and quickly became proverbial.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be more inclined to try to help someone with vehicular issues if they didn't constantly badmouth the very vehicle I bought voluntarily (as, I'm guessing, did most of the FLU owners here on SS).
Yes, being imperfect, like any other vehicle, a FLU can definitely present some challenges. That in turn can likely make any of us temporarily lose our temper, be it in private or publicly. But the key word there would be "temporarily".
Just my two cents, Ron.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Alright, Ron, you win. The retaliation was swift and efficient.
Within minutes of posting the above, the power went out. Remind me not to rag on you again.
Not a PROBLEM, if I can put it out there, that means I except what others throw. rag, ect, at me, If I can not do that, I have NO BUSINESS throwing the crap out there in the first place. So rag away.[thumbzup]

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a PROBLEM, if I can put it out there, that means I except what others throw. rag, ect, at me, If I can not do that, I have NO BUSINESS throwing the crap out there in the first place. So rag away.[thumbzup]
So you had nothing to do with me smacking myself hard with a tire iron (very close to my eye) this afternoon?

One down, three to go. DSCN0140[1].jpg

In retrospect, I should've sandblasted these wheels. Not sure if they were found on the Titanic, or filled from a saltwater pond by the military.DSCN0124[1].jpg

Either way, even after a few thick coats of polyurethane wheel paint, I put a skim coat of silicone over the worst areas. Also to safeguard against any pinholes, although welded from both sides, that risk may be minimal.DSCN0125[1].jpg

Also, I probably should've cut and welded them myself. That way there wouldn't have been a weld in the tire's bead area, right where it seals. That would've saved a fair amount of grinding time. Oh well, the shop that did it charged less than half of what other more well known sources wanted so I can't whine too much.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be more inclined to try to help someone with vehicular issues if they didn't constantly badmouth the very vehicle I bought voluntarily (as, I'm guessing, did most of the FLU owners here on SS).
Yes, being imperfect, like any other vehicle, a FLU can definitely present some challenges. That in turn can likely make any of us temporarily lose our temper, be it in private or publicly. But the key word there would be "temporarily".
Just my two cents, Ron.
From the above I am assuming (I know that is bad) that my voiced thoughts about --- SEE is not turning you or others on, I would hate to put a frown on your face because I articulate my profound love for this NONtactical tactical military vehicle, so I will have to come up with a way to keep a smile on your face as I express my TRUE love, I am thinking (dangerous) that maybe a VALENTINE poem that EXPRESS my true love for the ---SEE.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the above I am assuming (I know that bis bad) that my voiced thoughts about --- SEE is not turning you or others on, I would hate to put a frown on your face because I articulate my profound love for this NONtactical tactical military vehicle, so I will have to come up with a way to keep a smile on your face as I express my TRUE love, I am thinking (dangerous) that maybe a VALENTINE poem that EXPRESS my true love for the ---SEE.
Hey, I like all the things that can be accomplished with my SEE. And at least I'm not stuck with an M819. I imagine that owning one of those could put a damper on anyone's outlook on life.
Then again, I wouldn't mind having one nearby when I get a SEE stuck.

General Hood

So you had nothing to do with me smacking myself hard with a tire iron (very close to my eye) this afternoon?

One down, three to go. View attachment 664819

In retrospect, I should've sandblasted these wheels. Not sure if they were found on the Titanic, or filled from a saltwater pond by the military.View attachment 664820

Either way, even after a few thick coats of polyurethane wheel paint, I put a skim coat of silicone over the worst areas. Also to safeguard against any pinholes, although welded from both sides, that risk may be minimal.View attachment 664821

Also, I probably should've cut and welded them myself. That way there wouldn't have been a weld in the tire's bead area, right where it seals. That would've saved a fair amount of grinding time. Oh well, the shop that did it charged less than half of what other more well known sources wanted so I can't whine too much.
Wow, your wheels look kind of gangster now, makes one wonder what's next :3dAngus:

Bikers33

From the above I am assuming (I know that bis bad) that my voiced thoughts about --- SEE is not turning you or others on, I would hate to put a frown on your face because I articulate my profound love for this NONtactical tactical military vehicle, so I will have to come up with a way to keep a smile on your face as I express my TRUE love, I am thinking (dangerous) that maybe a VALENTINE poem that EXPRESS my true love for the ---SEE.
:popcorn:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't mounted mine yet so I can't guarantee that it'll be a perfect fit/size, but noticed that Titan Distributors has a 10% off deal going (and a 5% off for first time customers, if the offers can be combined) so anyone looking to get a thumb for their SEE may want to check out the "32" Extreme Weld On" version.
Normally they're $199, with free shipping.
Those with better operator skills than myself may be able to get by with the cheaper one. The "Extreme" is heavy.

Another Ahab

I haven't mounted mine yet so I can't guarantee that it'll be a perfect fit/size, but noticed that Titan Distributors has a 10% off deal going (and a 5% off for first time customers, if the offers can be combined) so anyone looking to get a thumb for their SEE may want to check out the "32" Extreme Weld On" version.
Normally they're $199, with free shipping.
That sucker looks aggressive, and it's not exactly industrial but for the price that really looks pretty good.

Word of mouth only, or has anybody put it to the test?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sucker looks aggressive, and it's not exactly industrial but for the price that really looks pretty good.Word of mouth only, or has anybody put it to the test?
Not even word of mouth, Ahab, but I'll have to pick up some rocks (not boulders, I hope) and move some brush around this spring. Equipped with a bad back, bad knees, and a hernia, I figured that 180 bucks and some welding could be a reasonable price/time to pay for being able to pick up said items and put them in a trailer - from the relative comfort of a SEE's rear seat.
I can't really see how it could not work for what I'll be doing. As in; I'm not moving mountains in Nevada looking for precious items so I don't need industrial strength, but know **** well that with my operator skills the thumb will expedite things when grabbing stuff. A good operator would simply scoop the rocks up in the bucket, without mutilating the surrounding terrain, but I'm far from that skill level.
That's also my reasoning for buying the "Extreme" model rather than the standard version. It should be more forgiving to my mistakes.

With any luck the new tires will be on the (formerly) parts SEE tomorrow, and then the thumb's mounting bracket can be welded on - once I figure out how to lift it into place.

Another Ahab

I can't really see how it could not work for what I'll be doing. As in; I'm not moving mountains in Nevada looking for precious items so I don't need industrial strength, but know **** well that with my operator skills the thumb will expedite things when grabbing stuff. A good operator would simply scoop the rocks up in the bucket, without mutilating the surrounding terrain, but I'm far from that skill level.
You are totally right, FLU farm. You sure don't need industrial-strength at all. [thumbzup]

I'm just used to seeing that quality on any kind of digging equipment, but of course when you think about it those kinds of machines are designed to handle their work 8-hours a day, 5-days a week for a 40-hour week. You won't be even get CLOSE to that kind of abuse.

And for that price that thing is a pure bargain; it's plenty tough for what you'll put it through. You could buy (5) of them and still come out way ahead of buying "industrial"!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just used to seeing that quality on any kind of digging equipment, but of course when you think about it those kinds of machines are designed to handle their work 8-hours a day, 5-days a week for a 40-hour week. You won't be even get CLOSE to that kind of abuse.
And for that price that thing is a pure bargain; it's plenty tough for what you'll put it through. You could buy (5) of them and still come out way ahead of buying "industrial"!
Well, we'll see. I might break it the first time it's used. But the pins are 1-inch and the three pieces are very heavy so it may not be as weak as we both think.
One thing that puzzles me is that from what I've read, the thumb must be longer than the bucket, meaning that the bucket hits the thumb rather than the thumb going inside it.
This obviously means that the operator must stop curling the bucket right as, or before, the two meet. In my mind it'd be far more forgiving to have the thumb go inside the bucket.
It'll probably all be self explanatory once I learn use it. If I ever do.

Another Ahab

Well, we'll see. I might break it the first time it's used. But the pins are 1-inch and the three pieces are very heavy so it may not be as weak as we both think.
One thing that puzzles me is that from what I've read, the thumb must be longer than the bucket, meaning that the bucket hits the thumb rather than the thumb going inside it.
This obviously means that the operator must stop curling the bucket right as, or before, the two meet. In my mind it'd be far more forgiving to have the thumb go inside the bucket.
It'll probably all be self explanatory once I learn use it. If I ever do.
You know that you just GOT to give us a video of that thumb in use once you get the bugs worked out.
Please! :popcorn:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know that you just GOT to give us a video of that thumb in use once you get the bugs worked out.
Please! :popcorn:
What makes you think that I'll get the bugs worked out?!? Or learn how to post a video (if I can convince someone to take one)?
I can and will take photos of the carnage...hope that helps.
Today's adventure will be to find out if the (formerly) parts SEE starts. If it does, the new tires are going on.
Not looking forward to freeing up four more wheels, dismounting those tires, and mounting the other set of new tires. Probably best to let the aching body catch up a bit first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks