• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

peakbagger

I second FLU's advice, start at the alcohol injector inlet (which could be full of grit and work your way out through the air system. If you don't think your way through a SEE its going to drive you crazy.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indeed, General Hood, I did. And I know someone else (who's initials are G.H.) who also bought more than one.
And following Ahab's advice, when going through my list of three friends, I was relieved to note that you don't seem okay.
Once my two other friends get out of the asylum I can find out if they, too, are mentally unstable.

Okay, so my head isn't screwed on correctly...but at least I'm not painting and waxing my SEEs. Yet.

General Hood

Indeed, General Hood, I did. And I know someone else (who's initials are G.H.) who also bought more than one.
And following Ahab's advice, when going through my list of three friends, I was relieved to note that you don't seem okay.
Once my two other friends get out of the asylum I can find out if they, too, are mentally unstable.

Okay, so my head isn't screwed on correctly...but at least I'm not painting and waxing my SEEs. Yet.
I'm hoping that extra coat of CARC paint is protecting my MVs from the severe hailstorm we are currently experiencing

anthkey

anyone know the size of the main monster 2 bolts that hold don the loader to the frame??
I measured 1 13/16.. 46mm?? dont want to buy the wrong socket....

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My measurement came to just over 46 mm, but those bolts should be SAE (didn't think to look). If so, a 1-13/16" is just a bit small, and a 1-7/8 a bit big.
Of course, with CARC that would be an even 2 inches, maybe more.

Either way, I'd start soaking the holes months ahead of time. I can only imagine how much corrosion can be created in that particular setup.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second the Migginsbros. A 36 mm socket fits fine. But in reality it should probably be a 1-13/16".
Oddly enough, I have the 36 mm, but not a 1-13/16. If I were you I'd buy a set, not one socket. It gets expensive to get them one at a time, and when you eventually do buy a set you'll have duplicates.

Another Ahab

I second the Migginsbros. A 36 mm socket fits fine. But in reality it should probably be a 1-13/16".
Oddly enough, I have the 36 mm, but not a 1-13/16. If I were you I'd buy a set, not one socket. It gets expensive to get them one at a time, and when you eventually do buy a set you'll have duplicates.
What can drive a body bananas is needing TWO complete socket sets, Metric and Imperial.

The mechanical world here Stateside will become a whole lot easier (and less costly) when we finally get over our American Pride thing and join the rest of the world in Metric.

It'll ALSO make it easier for all our kids in school. All that conversion confusion is a complete waste of good teaching time, you know?!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What can drive a body bananas is needing TWO complete socket sets, Metric and Imperial.
Make that FOUR complete socket sets, Ahab. And that's only counting 3/4 and 1-inch drive, not 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2-inch drive.
What bugs me big time is that in the metric world I grew up in, most everything could be accomplished with 10, 13, 14, 17, and 19 mm tools. Then someone on this side of the pond decided that 18 mm was a good size. To this day, not many sets come with 18 mm sockets or wrenches.

Another Ahab

Make that FOUR complete socket sets, Ahab. And that's only counting 3/4 and 1-inch drive, not 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2-inch drive.
What bugs me big time is that in the metric world I grew up in, most everything could be accomplished with 10, 13, 14, 17, and 19 mm tools. Then someone on this side of the pond decided that 18 mm was a good size. To this day, not many sets come with 18 mm sockets or wrenches.

:burn:auaauaaua

alpine44

And on top of this the Japanese had to add 12mm socket (instead of 13mm) for an M8 bolt.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
where is the best place to get the hydraulic tank filters??
So you got a SEE just to horse around from the looks of it.
Anyway, the tank filters are quite expensive, but thankfully they appear to be cleanable. At least that's what I did, then plopped them back in.
Oh, and do consider using AW-32 instead of 10W motor oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks