• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Migginsbros

Don´t panic. The nominal socketsize is 46mm or 1 13/16 . Our 46mm measured 46.5mm and the 1 13/16 (46.0375mm) will be also a little bit more.
So it works. We choose 3/4 drive, so it fits to the Stanley hydr. impact wrench (std. for HMMH) to get them off and to our 4 feet torque wrench.

Last edited:

911joeblow

Luckily Harbor Freight 3/4" drive sockets usually work and are cheap . I also have 4' 3/4" breaker bar for times like those
Unfortunately I think the Chinese took the term 'breaker bar' to mean something else as I have broken every one I got from there.

Speedwoble

Breaker bar

I could not get mine loose, even with a 5 ft cheater bar. I ended up putting a chain around the cheater and using the loader hydraulics to pull it. I bent the 1" Harbor Freight breaker. Eventually we were able to get it loose with a 1" Ingersol rand pneumatic impact. I will have to upload pictures.
My bolts were 1 1/4" -7 grade 8. I am replacing them with 5.5" Bolts from McMaster Carr.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looking into a hydraulic impact wrench ... what is the psi out put of the hydraulic system of the 419 SEE
The Stanley 3/4-inch (that's supposed to come with the HMMH) works great. Not so sure that the front hydraulics are enough to run the 1-inch version - either that or I have a bum one.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Luckily Harbor Freight 3/4" drive sockets usually work and are cheap . I also have 4' 3/4" breaker bar for times like those
I've had good luck with the HF sockets. I'm not about to subject the chrome Mac ones to an impact, even if they weren't 12-point, as those may cost as much a piece these days as a set of HF sockets.
Breaker bars? It's been my experience that you can put 800 ft.-lbs. on a breaker bar and not get near the result of a 400 ft.-lb. impact wrench.

Speedwoble

I removed the loader yesterday. On mine, the bolts are 1 1/4"-7TPI in ~4.75" length. I am replacing it with 5.5" bolts from McMaster Carr.
A 1" Ingersole pneumatic impact could not touch it. With a 5' cheater on a 1" breaker, I couldn't budge them. Ended up wrapping a chain around the loader and using bucket curl to pull on the breaker... and bent it. The problem appeared to be rust between the bolt shank and the clearance hole, not the threads.
While they measure nominally at 1 13/16",I couldn't get that socket on more than 50%. Only the 1 7/8" fit completely.
If only I could post pictures from my phone....

Another Ahab

A 1" Ingersole pneumatic impact could not touch it. With a 5' cheater on a 1" breaker, I couldn't budge them. Ended up wrapping a chain around the loader and using bucket curl to pull on the breaker... and bent it. The problem appeared to be rust between the bolt shank and the clearance hole, not the threads.
Was the date you tried all of this the first day of April?

Because I'm wondering if maybe a buddy of yours didn't spot-welded it on you the day before... :naner:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of tires, today the SEE got to go to the post office, first pavement trip on the new Super Swampers. Typical bias ply flat spotting after having been sitting for a month, or so.
Then I broke a personal record. Looked at the speedometer and found myself going 40 mph, without even noticing.
With the Michelins I preferred to stay at 30 mph or less.
Much improved traction and them not being radials were my main reasons for switching tires, the improved road manners were a welcome side effect. I'll take flat spotting over squirrelly handling any day.

Another thing I learned to day is that the backhoe can hold an amazing amount of water in its structure when folded forward but not leaned over to the side in normal fashion. On the other hand, there was nothing in the bucket since it was curled out while parked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks