• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Rotating Amber Beacon

Strong50

Thank you Hitman, but I have a couple LED beacon lights at the shop I would like to use.

Superman, no. The wires were pulled out of the back of that plug and laying on the floor of the cab

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Probably the smaller wire then if its out of the connector. There is a relay in the panel and a switch on the dash. Headlights have to be on. Check the wire with a meter.

Celticlady

J62 is the junction number listed in the wiring diagrams. The part you are looking for is an ITT/Cannon CA310610SL-4P-B-02. I ordered one yesterday through Vertical.com. This number is for a straight plug. They also stock a 90° plug. You can download a ITT/Cannon catalog for this style connector. Hope this helps
Sveng Do you have a page number for that diagram. I have a dead plug. Power at the CB 38 (12v)

Celticlady

The part you are looking for is an ITT/Cannon CA310610SL-4P-B-02. I ordered one yesterday through Vertical.com. This number is for a straight plug. They also stock a 90° plug. You can download a ITT/Cannon catalog for this style connector.

A clarification... The Cannon PN above, is that the receptacle mounted on the cab? Or the PN for the companion plug that plugs into that receptacle? That would normally be part of the rotating beacon power lead?

I have gotten nowhere finding the Cannon PN above. Lots of hits from a Google search but when I go the vendor page nothing. Or their pages runs off to some other, not even related, plug. Verticle.com apparently has changed since 2015 . Doesn't list any Cannon plugs.

Humm if I was still at the major airline I retired from working avionics I would have had this info or the plug in my hands by now. The one source I really liked was the cross reference data sheet to other manufactures. Just about every plug out there has 2-20 other manufactures.

Klaus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try PEI-Genesis. They have the Cannon plugs and receptacles. For help figuring out what part you want to go with (straight or right angle connector on the power lead from the light) see the attached PDF file that I got from them.

I also managed to find a new FMTV rotating beacon with the Cannon connector on the lead, from Amazon (that's a win). It even has a magnetic base! Search on:

MTV - FMTV Amber Warning Signal Light 12 Volt NSN 6220-01-383-9914, 12420230

61NXdEnXT9S._SX522_.jpg71R1rYa1znS._SX522_.jpg610LBqLiIkS._SX522_.jpg

One issue is the beacon power cable is fitted with a newer version of the mil-spec connector, that is quite similar (but does not mate up) to the receptable mounted on the cab. I ordered a spare straight connector from PEI-Genesis as my first idea was to replace the one on the power lead rather than the truck. However I ended up with the very same connector! It might be that the old-style connector is not available anymore.

Plan B - I'm going to pull off the back panel in the cab and change out the old receptacle a new one that matches the new connector. The beacon came with a straight connector, so I'm re-ordering that but in a right angle configuration.

The PEI-Genesis part number for the straight connector is:

CAN CA3106E10SL-4PB02

They are about $40 for the connector and maybe half that for the receptacle. I'll post some pics once I get all the stuff I ordered along with the part numbers, once I get everything here.

Attachments

Last edited:

INFChief

Try PEI-Genesis. They have the Cannon plugs and receptacles. For help figuring out what part you want to go with (straight or right angle connector on the power lead from the light) see the attached PDF file that I got from them.

I also managed to find a new FMTV rotating beacon with the Cannon connector on the lead, from Amazon (that's a win). It even has a magnetic base! Search on:

MTV - FMTV Amber Warning Signal Light 12 Volt NSN 6220-01-383-9914, 12420230

View attachment 863265View attachment 863267View attachment 863266

One issue is the beacon power cable is fitted with a newer version of the mil-spec connector, that is quite similar (but does not mate up) to the receptable mounted on the cab. I ordered a spare straight connector from PEI-Genesis as my first idea was to replace the one on the power lead rather than the truck. However I ended up with the very same connector! It might be that the old-style connector is not available anymore.

Plan B - I'm going to pull off the back panel in the cab and change out the old receptacle a new one that matches the new connector. The beacon came with a straight connector, so I'm re-ordering that but in a right angle configuration.

The PEI-Genesis part number for the straight connector is:

CAN CA3106E10SL-4PB02

They are about $40 for the connector and maybe half that for the receptacle. I'll post some pics once I get all the stuff I ordered along with the part numbers, once I get everything here.
Strange. I ordered a RAWLS off of eBay and the connector matched up.

I have some hand held portable work lights I got from GP & wanted to power them from the RAWLS connector. I ordered the connector from PEI. I also ordered 12 volt bulbs to go in the work lights and made a 35’ power cable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks