• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG from Texas

Hello all. FNG here from the DFW area. Been a SS member for a few months and a lurker for much longer than that. Have only made one post before this and that was just to offer to help a fellow SS member (OldMan99) with an inspection of M916's and M920's at Saginaw a few weeks ago. Did go look at the trucks (and got to play with them a bit 8)) and hope it helped Old Man!

Anyone else just needing a set of eyes (although inexperienced ones) on trucks at Saginaw I'm happy to help. May be able to look at items at Hooks or Barksdale also if I happen to be going there anyway (was at Hooks yesterday picking up some small items and will be going back in a few weeks to pick up several trailers when my first EUC finally clears aua).

I'm currently shopping hard for a deuce and a half. I have experience with heavy equipment in general, but little to no familiarity with the deuce. Am reading the technical manuals to get up to speed as best as I can from written materials.

If there are any SS members in the DFW area who might be willing to give a total newb a walk through/walk around of the deuce (and maybe a test drive?) in exchange for a few beers let me know! :beer:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!

Can't help you with the walk around unless you want to come to San Antonio and take mine for a spin.

Barrman

Welcome to the fun. You do realize the duece you are looking for will just be your first military vehicle, right? This hobby is very adictive.

OL AG '89

Welcome from another TEXAN.
Don't have a duece....... I'm staying wih the stuff I can hide in the woods, Kingwood that is...
If you get down to Houston you can try out the M1009, or after I get it running.... just got another from Sill.... you can give a try up near Paris.....
Again WELCOME ABOARD
And Tim is CORRECT, whatever your first is, it will ONLY be the first of many......

Darwin T

Welcome from South East Texas. just to prove the point i have, one M109a3 for evac, two M35a2's, one M105a2 and looking at an M101a2 right now. After some shuffling maybe an M1028. all since hurricane Ike in 2008. :?:

Thanks again guys! If we can make the dates work, will try to at least drop by the rally in March. I know we have a lowline angus cattle show and sale to attend that week in Austin, but may still be able to at least make an appearance at the rally. Hey, maybe, just maybe, I'll have my "first" deuce by then? [thumbzup]

convict1

Howdy pilgrim~! I live just down Loop 820 from Saginaw in White Settlement. If your ever in the neighborhood you can come on by and take a walk around my 71' American General 35A2 w/winch. I just picked it up from Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio a few months ago and brought it back to Fort Worth. I picked up a 105 trailer at Fort Hood earlier in the year. I have plans to Bob the Duece and use the Bed from the 105. :lol: This is my 2nd. Duece..
I'm just in the peliminary stages. As of this weekend I got both trailer & duece at the same location and removed the bed off the duece, that was before the ice & snow hit. Next I have to get the frame up on jack stands to remove both rear axles. Let'me me tell ya, some of those nuts & bolts holding the bed in place on that duece were tough to get loose. I got a 1/2 & a 3/4 impact, I just dont have enough air supply... Anyway drop me a e-mail and I can shoot you an address

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy pilgrim~! I live just down Loop 820 from Saginaw in White Settlement. If your ever in the neighborhood you can come on by and take a walk around my 71' American General 35A2 w/winch. I just picked it up from Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio a few months ago and brought it back to Fort Worth. I picked up a 105 trailer at Fort Hood earlier in the year. I have plans to Bob the Duece and use the Bed from the 105. :lol: This is my 2nd. Duece..
I'm just in the peliminary stages. As of this weekend I got both trailer & duece at the same location and removed the bed off the duece, that was before the ice & snow hit. Next I have to get the frame up on jack stands to remove both rear axles. Let'me me tell ya, some of those nuts & bolts holding the bed in place on that duece were tough to get loose. I got a 1/2 & a 3/4 impact, I just dont have enough air supply... Anyway drop me a e-mail and I can shoot you an address
More pics of the deuce. Chances are my tuckus has been in your seat before you got it lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks