• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

foam filled tires

dmetalmiki

(fuming!) What in HECK are you possibly even thinking of here?: For crying out loud, SAFETY, and then safety, is the paramount consideration. NOT "can I drive with a bolt/screw in the tires"!??. Can I do this that or the other, ALL dangerous. Change your tires and tubes. or replace the wheels with good used ones. BE SAFE and confident that your vehicle will (and should) get you and yours to where you intend to drive it without hindrance or damage TO OTHER road users as well as your good self and passengers..(justified? rant over).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have lock ring rims, not split or Budd two piece rims - BIG difference. The first type are safe except when being aired up, the second types are illegal now and no reputable company will work on them. As for 900 x 20 tires on rims, check the classifieds here, you should be able to find them for less than $100 each, depending on the amount of tire wear (PS, ALWAYS use your best tires on the front, no exceptions!).

72m35a2

You have lock ring rims, not split or Budd two piece rims - BIG difference. The first type are safe except when being aired up, the second types are illegal now and no reputable company will work on them. As for 900 x 20 tires on rims, check the classifieds here, you should be able to find them for less than $100 each, depending on the amount of tire wear (PS, ALWAYS use your best tires on the front, no exceptions!).
thanks will do money is an object right now didnt figure on tires right away. so looking for 2 take off complete steer tires ready to bolt on.

if anyone has some let me know please. like i said this my first miltiary experiance so be nice:mrgreen:
thanks

Flyingvan911

What part of Missouri are you in? For just a little extra money you can get some Goodyear G177 radial tires. If you're close to Kansas City, T&E tire on Stilwell will work on the split locking ring rims.

72m35a2

What part of Missouri are you in? For just a little extra money you can get some Goodyear G177 radial tires. If you're close to Kansas City, T&E tire on Stilwell will work on the split locking ring rims.
thanks i will check them out but im in the stl area

rustystud

thanks will do money is an object right now didnt figure on tires right away. so looking for 2 take off complete steer tires ready to bolt on.

if anyone has some let me know please. like i said this my first miltiary experiance so be nice:mrgreen:
thanks
We are being nice. We're trying to keep you alive ! I know you bought this great big "TOY" and want to play with it, but it is a serious vehicle that can and will cause great harm if not properly maintained. If money is tight then maybe you shouldn't be playing with such a large truck. Just because I can afford a beat-up old Kenworth 18 wheeler (with old rotten tires and who knows what is going on with the brakes) does not mean I should be driving it on the road ! The same applies to your deuce. Look at this as a challenge. See how long it will take you to get this truck road worthy with the limited money on hand. Once it is ready, then you can proudly take it out on it's grand new life showing your family and friends what you accomplished.

72m35a2

We are being nice. We're trying to keep you alive ! I know you bought this great big "TOY" and want to play with it, but it is a serious vehicle that can and will cause great harm if not properly maintained. If money is tight then maybe you shouldn't be playing with such a large truck. Just because I can afford a beat-up old Kenworth 18 wheeler (with old rotten tires and who knows what is going on with the brakes) does not mean I should be driving it on the road ! The same applies to your deuce. Look at this as a challenge. See how long it will take you to get this truck road worthy with the limited money on hand. Once it is ready, then you can proudly take it out on it's grand new life showing your family and friends what you accomplished.
i think you miss took me sorry.. im way more then capable of handling such a machine. ive driven almost everything and worked on lots of stuff. im not a parts swapper i try to learn all i can and want to understand all that i can. im a certified welder,journeyman carpenter and have a class A cdl. ive been a motorsports tech at a major dealer. i can work on a 1910 vehical or a 2016 bmw ect. but im not perfect by any means. i shouldnt be working on such a large truck? come on man. ive driven some real piles of sh$t in my short life. im not in any means trying to drive this truck cross country at this point.

i am thank full for any help or advice i get but like i said im learning. i have no problem working on this truck. i said be nice with a smile for fun but sorry it got taken the wrong way. im here for help and maybe i can offer up some help maybe as i have tons of experiance just not military.

oh and im trying to work a deal at c&c supply for 3 tires right now. im not stupid. but need to go over truck and see what else it needs to get it road worthy then i can take some time to fix it up proper. i not trying by any means to kill someone.. im only test driving at the moment speeds of max 35 mph. i dont think my tires are gonna explode and cause me to crash or otherwise i wouldnt drive it at all!

thanks for your concern:grin: but keep in mined im just a cave man with 20K$ in tools:naner: oh and i also cant spell:-?

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh and im trying to work a deal at c&c supply for 3 tires right now
Honestly, for the prices of surplus/used tires, I'd avoid the big vendors.

I'd look for tires here first (place a want ad) or your local classifieds.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Honestly, for the prices of surplus/used tires, I'd avoid the big vendors.

I'd look for tires here first (place a want ad) or your local classifieds.
It's hit-and-miss but sometimes you can find killer deals on used tires at those "Llantos Usados" shops that you find around almost any city (plenty of them here in the D.C area anyway).

That's Spanish for "Used Tires", and sometimes they'll have tires that are near brand-new (off of wrecks and that kind of thing), and they can make calls to get the tires you're looking for if they don't have them.

Don't pass them up; check them out. You can save major coin in places like that.

72m35a2

i have 3 used non foam filled tires coming already mounted on rims. c&c gave me a fair deal
thanks. i will use mine to practice dis mounting and mounting them

i see zero duece's running around my area. i called some shops just for a safety inspection and they all thought i didnt have a head lol

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no way to just plug the hole and add air. It's a tube type tire, you can't plug a tube type tire. You may think its holding but it isn't a safe repair. Better yet, you may want to take it to a tire shop and get a expert opinion.

Best thing to do is get the tire off the wheel somehow (may have to cut it off, depending on the foam) or just get a new wheel and tire.

rustystud

i think you miss took me sorry.. im way more then capable of handling such a machine. ive driven almost everything and worked on lots of stuff. im not a parts swapper i try to learn all i can and want to understand all that i can. im a certified welder,journeyman carpenter and have a class A cdl. ive been a motorsports tech at a major dealer. i can work on a 1910 vehical or a 2016 bmw ect. but im not perfect by any means. i shouldnt be working on such a large truck? come on man. ive driven some real piles of sh$t in my short life. im not in any means trying to drive this truck cross country at this point.

i am thank full for any help or advice i get but like i said im learning. i have no problem working on this truck. i said be nice with a smile for fun but sorry it got taken the wrong way. im here for help and maybe i can offer up some help maybe as i have tons of experiance just not military.

oh and im trying to work a deal at c&c supply for 3 tires right now. im not stupid. but need to go over truck and see what else it needs to get it road worthy then i can take some time to fix it up proper. i not trying by any means to kill someone.. im only test driving at the moment speeds of max 35 mph. i dont think my tires are gonna explode and cause me to crash or otherwise i wouldnt drive it at all!

thanks for your concern:grin: but keep in mined im just a cave man with 20K$ in tools:naner: oh and i also cant spell:-?
OK for all your "experience" you didn't even realize you are NEVER suppose to drive foam filled tires on the road ? How in the world are we suppose to respond to such a dangerous thing ? You say you have a class "A" CDL, well I have had one now for 40 years and everyone who has a Class "A" knows you are not suppose to drive with foam filled tires on any roads at any speeds ! I've been a Certified Master Mechanic for over 35 years so I do know what I'm talking about. Also it would go a long way if you stopped the bragging unless you can "prove" you have the credentials to do so.
I was honestly trying to help you and if your too young to realize that then come back in 10 years after you have had a chance to grow up a bit.

:rant:

Last edited:

72m35a2

OK for all your "experience" you didn't even realize you are NEVER suppose to drive foam filled tires on the road ? How in the world are we suppose to respond to such a dangerous thing ? You say you have a class "A" CDL, well I have had one now for 40 years. I was a certified welder for 10 years. I built my own house (3,200 sq ft)doing everything from the forms to pouring the concrete to framing to roofing to wiring it to plumbing it to drywall to painting to trim. I learned carpentry from my father and uncle who where journeyman carpenters when it really meant something. I served in the Marines for 6 years and really $20,000 in tools ? That is what an apprentice starts with. I have over $200,000.00 in tools setting in my basement right now. I've been a Certified Master Mechanic for over 35 year. And yes I'm in extreme pain tonight and the Morphine is not cutting it. After working like I have your whole life you get injured and after 32 surgeries there is not much they can do for you.
So don't get in a pissing contest with me as I'll win ! I'm old and piss a lot since my prostate is shot ! I was honestly trying to help you and if your too young to realize that then come back in 10 years after you have had a chance to grow up a bit.

:rant:

dude get real and grow up . dont get in a pissing match with u because u will win? what a joke. if you read my first ever post in the new member section i said im not familer with military stuff . yes i drove over the road ect never heard of foam fiilled tires sorry.

u dont know me at all and your saying you will when? wtf grow up man i came on here looking for help not keyboard experts. im not even going to go any further with u. dont care how many post you have ect. dont reply to anymore of my threads. i came here to play nice. case closed:naner:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dude get real and grow up . dont get in a pissing match with u because u will win? what a joke. if you read my first ever post in the new member section i said im not familer with military stuff . yes i drove over the road ect never heard of foam fiilled tires sorry.

u dont know me at all and your saying you will when? wtf grow up man i came on here looking for help not keyboard experts. im not even going to go any further with u. dont care how many post you have ect. dont reply to anymore of my threads. i came here to play nice. case closed:naner:
Your Loss! See Ya in 10 years (or maybe your gravestone, if you continue to refuse sensible advice).

Eliteweapons

I am relatively new to this forum and have been reading alot of the posts on different topics. I got my own M35A3 last week and am waiting for the inspection to be finished today. I wanted to just say that all of the reading I have done in here the only animosity I have ever seen has really been either A2 or A3. I would assume most of the people on here are ex or current military. I came here for the hobby and the advise of people that already know how to deal with the quirks and issues that I am or will be seeing. I don't think its very nice or a good idea to try to hammer on someone whom is giving you good advice and looking out for your and everyone elses safety. I am glad that there is a resource that I can turn to when I need help or have a question about something and appreciate someone taking their time to respond to my questions.

For those that have served or are currently serving.
Thanks for your service.