• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For sale in New Mexico

area52

I've tried a couple of times to get a hold of the guy via phone# but its out of service. If anyone gets a hold of the guy selling this truck, find out where exactly it is and I might be able to go look at.

I am not in the running to buy it but if some one does, you are more than welcome to store it at my place.

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll second the offer from Area52, as I'm in Roswell. If the truck is going west, Area52 would be a good resting point. If the truck is goiing south or east, Roswell would be a good resting point.
Jimbo

area52

Update:

Got a hold of the guy selling this truck. Says it runs good but needs an upper radiator hose to take it on the road.

Its located in Dulce (say Dull-say) which is about 1 1/2 hours normal drive from me in a regual car and about 2 1/2 hours in this truck. If anyone is really serious about buying this, pm me if you want me to go look at it.

area52

Update:

The owner of this truck called me to see if I was gonna look at it (I told him last week I might go look at it if I was not busy this weekend, I was). He sounded like he wanted to sell it but I didn't ask how low he would go, just said I might be able to go look at it sometime soon.

Anybody interested in it?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: GETTING CUT!!

Another soldier lost because of lack of a buyer. Sigh. Maybe next time we can do a group buy or something to save her...

jwaller

Well I just did something I shouldn't have. Called the owner this am and bought the truck. So I saved this one. Now I just gotta find the $$$ for it and find a way to get it home. only 1750 miles.

No.2Diesel

Thank you Jwaller... :beer: Saving that truck is a big commitment.

Does your M270A1 have the capacity to haul it? Its just a cab & chassis but still a considerable weight.

FreightTrain

Banned
see if there is a shortline railroad near by and ship it via rail.Load and Unload via shortline.Most of them are still non union and you won't have to hire union workers to do this like with CSXT.Maybe someone is shipping a vehicle cross country too.If you can find someone with 2 more smaller 6x6s then you could get a 89foot flat bed and share it.The railroad charges by the carload not the actual freight weight.Whether it be a 25 foot or car or a 100 foot flat car. ....or they did several years ago.

Great save . I'm about 100 miles from Dulce and can help getting your truck ready to ship . I know these trucks are wide but I don't know how wide . I have a compresser and tools and a m269 wrecker low boy with beaver tail with ramps if needed .kenny

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't know if Las Cruces is any benefit, but you can store it at my place.

Plus if someone on the east coast buys my 2 M109's they would all fit on the same rail car........ ;)