• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

? for the 900 masters

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The yellow one is definatley for an electric tach. What trans does it have? Only a late model Allison would need an input for RPM. The other...don't have a clue. It's only measuring the fuel pressure in the the body, not the rail pressure. It has 4 wires, could be a temp sensor. What kind of other goodies are on the truck that might need these?

M1075, No i did not get an M945. i have the oppertunity to get a few parts off one. i just find all this old green stuff interesting and i'm always trying to figure out how and what everything does. and utilizing things allready availible to make our trucks better. like the air shift t case on the 900's? i know without lockout hubs it's really useless. I just like looking at it all. do you know what the small hyd drive about mid way on the rear bed is for?

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That looks like a clean truck, Dave. I noticed those 2 sensors on a 925 I was looking at the other day. I believe they go the the STE/ICE system. The 939 trucks were the first big trucks to have that capability.

Attachments

M1075 said:
DaveP said:
do you know what the small hyd drive about mid way on the rear bed is for?
I believe that is the cable tensioner. That feature is only found on the M945, not earlier models.
thank you James. this must work in conjuntion with the main winch? to keep the slack out of the cable? that sure makes sense. Chris, yes this is a clean unit. i was surprized to see these electronic items.

Attachments

M1075

DaveP said:
thank you James. this must work in conjuntion with the main winch? to keep the slack out of the cable? that sure makes sense.
You are correct. The M812 bridge truck has three hyd levers:

1- Lock Pin (In/Out)
2- Boom Lift (Up/Down)
3- Boom Winch (In/Out)

The M945 must have 4 levers to account for the cable tensioner.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DaveP: What is wrong with the whole truck? It sounds as though the guy is parting out since you say you are getting parts off of one. I'd rather have the whole truck by the looks of it! I always wanted an M945!

Bruce, this is a friend of mine's truck. He bought it to put a specialized piece of equipment on the rear. he will not need the rear bed or the cab and frontend. kinda have mixed feeling about this. first off it's his to do what he wants. and its better than getting chopped up for scrap. there will be a day within a year or so, that i will have pics of this truck wearing a early 60's civi cab and frontend! dont bother bashing me for this as it's not my truck. besides i'm hoping that this truck will perform so well that i can talk him into getting one just to drive and play with.

BKubu said:
DaveP: I'm not bashing...just wishing I could buy the complete truck! :D
Bruce, i was not saying that you or any body else was. i was just trying to let all know that its not mine and i cant change this trucks fate. i also wish that you or someone could save it in its original state. i just know how some folks get when these trucks get changed. i did not mean to sound like i was accusing you or anybody. sorry if I came across that way.

army_greywolf said:
the two sensors are electric tach on the left and lift pump fuel pressure on the right, and yes they are for the STE/ICE system.
thanks a-g . i wonder if the tach cable goes all the way to the tach gauge? i have something else to look for next time i visit this big gal.. ok another dumb question, what is STE/ICE ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks