• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For those of you looking for a good battery charger at a good price for 24 volt syst.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as you connect up to two 12v batteries correctly yes. Just like when you test the individual batteries with a multimeter.

Mark

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Where do you get those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check with @98G . I believe he has some listed in the CLASSIFIED section of this site.

I have three of them for three different vehicles that I have connected to different outlets around the yard.
They are great pieces of equipment!

Autonomy_Lost

So its safe to charge the batteries with a 12v dual bank charger while they're connected together as 24v ?
In the case of the NOGO Gen series, yes. For other brands (and some other NOCO models) the answer will vary. Sometimes they require the negative side of each bank to be common, which means it will only work for 12v batteries in parallel.

When in doubt, contact the manufacturer.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So its safe to charge the batteries with a 12v dual bank charger while they're connected together as 24v ?
A others have stated, you do need to verify with the manufacturer before trying this with a charger.

NOCO has specifically stated that their GEN series of multi bank chargers is safe to do this with. Other brands or series of chargers may NOT be safe to use in this manner.

It is MUCH better for the batteries to be charged individually whenever possible, especially for trucks with the 60 amp generator system, as no two batteries will ever be a 100% perfect match, and due to the nature of electricity, the battery closer to the positive side of the system will charge more than the ones at the negative end of the system.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love these chargers. Marketed under different names but as far as I can tell are all the same.
I alter them to terminate into an Anderson connector instead of being hardwired, and then add a slave plug and cable terminated in an Anderson connector and add an Anderson connector to the alligator clips. This gives the ability to either charge batteries individually , or charge them all together through the slave port.

This isn't as trivial as it sounds, because the tool is proprietary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks