• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Kit

FreightTrain

Banned
well,look how high the intake aleady is.If you go much higher with the water the "Load" would go underwater.Which most loads don't like getting wet....

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My '68 M49A2C came from the USMC (Camp Lejeune, NC) and was apparently fitted from factory with all components except the air intake, slobber tube and compressor intake extensions.

FreightTrain

Banned
Hey,Joe,Can you post the part number,NSN,etc for the little low pressure regulator?That is the only part on my kit that is not useable......of all things it got damaged by water.I need to locate another one.I might end up putting the kit back on the new truck since I am going for more of a Collector truck with this one.I want to put just about every gizmo I can on it.Except a M66 since it is a high top rig........and I don't want to chance shooting my CB antenna.

MilitaryRestoration

I'm not really quite sure what happend to the one that Mvtrucker aka Joe Young had as he said he was going to sell it to me so I asked questions as to what exactly I was getting because there was confusion with what was actually in kit and what was missing, then as I was going to send money he told me to forget it, got pissed that I was asking questions and have yet to hear from him...In the past my father has done business with him and had great service, however, 100% different story in my case and NEVER AGAIN will I EVER do business with him again. WORST customer service I have EVER received!! Would not and will not recommend him to anyone in future! As to the next subject it seems that every time someone posts about their questions, wants, and needs someone else has to walk over them and scour up what they were requesting. It is in my belief that the 'poster' has all right of way to the item/object being asked about especially if someone has it and offers it. I do this for others as others should do for us...Show some respect and courtesy to others. We all need those parts and items but as should always be first come first serve...first being the one who 'posted'. my 2cents about a few things...other than that I am still in need of a m35a2 fording kit, please...

FreightTrain

Banned
Geee,what crawled up your butt?Hope you know you just opened a can of worms with this post.I have never had a problem with Joe even when I had to call him at home while I was stuck on the side of a mountian with the deuce backed up the side and shut off with a blown clutch and parked on top of a bunch of trees.I have bought a truck(My original.Got his Cheap skate rig at the time and got a real nice bare bones truckbut had both cab and cargo cover till someone stole them here) and working on buying a butt load of other parts from him not related to the kit.If I didn't piss him off,I don't see how anyone could.At the time I was one of those Teenage punks that wanted a truck bigger than bubba to go mud riding in.Thank God that phase only lasted a few months.

MilitaryRestoration

Well then apparently I am a 'teenage punk' whose 23 then...I have no idea why he was so rude and worst customer service but was unnecessary and a scar is a scar, you live with it...I was born around these trucks and although i am no no it all, i do no a lot of what i'm talking about, so it's not like i was asking unnecessary questions or trying to cause a difficult transaction...Just wanted both sides to be happy and know exactly what was being sold and what was missing and what was going to be paid, however apparently that was too much for him. Never once have I been treated the way that I was especially for a returning customer. I have dealt with a lot of people and strangers have treated me better even when I was in wrong. As for something crawling up my butt...nothing has nor will nothing as I dont lose my cool or composure, its just been a rough week with a death of a friend and trying to get possession of a m37 heater kit and artic heater kit that was stolen from me...working a 100+ hour week plus fire department hours...Maybe it was a fluke maybe not, but just expressing how I was treated and service like that should be known of. If it was vise versa, I'd like to be notified of my wrongful actions and would strive to make it right rather than just ignore the subject

MVtrucker

When your father told you I was a straight shooter, you should have accepted that and went through with the transaction. Fourteen e-mails followed in two days and I still didn't have the PayPal payment, so I picked up the phone and called next in line. No only did the buyer pay cash for the kit, he bought well over a thousand dollars more in M35A2 parts. Cold cash, no questions asked. He had called me right away, but did not make a deal right then.
I made it quite clear to you that a bracket and Plate, Instruction were missing. The blueprint was missing but before I offered the kit for sale I got one from a truck and kit purchaser in ME.

MVtrucker

Freight Train,
I'll tell the rest of the story about your truck! You bought that off of me based on a few pics and my word. I could almost hear your shouts of joy all the way up here in NJ when it arrived in AL!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks