• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Kit

emr

If You are only 23, I believe You should cool it,You are a Kid, This site is for positive peolpe with positive attitudes, if You have a problem when you get A littler older You will see you should take it like a man and wait and cool off before mouthing off, and remember there are 2 sides even if You are right. I am going to stand behind Joe , Bad post, If You have a reply to this, E mail me or PM me this is not the place to take this further, in my opinion, Randy

MilitaryRestoration

I do have a positive attitude, would not be a senior firefighter if i wasn't, i just dont believe in screwing each other over is all. My apologies if i offended someone was just putting my input in on how i felt. I respect my elders and so they respect me, it's a two lane highway. I may only be 23 but i have surprise many vets and big names in the military and military surplus business. As to the emails, I just like to have things straight before something goes through so there are no dissappointment or harsh feelings afterwards.

FreightTrain

Banned
No,I think those were shouts of anger when I pulled up in front of the house from my grandmother......or my shouts of pain as I was being beat over the head.But every time someone ask me(usually when I break something or something falls off{99% my fault....1% design flaw}) if I would do it again and all I say is Yep......It has never left me stranded even after the hell it has gone though.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't take this the wrong way,

But if I had read this post, and PM'd Joe first, he would have had a payment as soon as I could get it to him. The whole first part of this post was about how rare the fording kit was, and how others have seen them for $400 in the past. One was presented to you, and you were the first to accept the deal.

in my mind, $275 for a kit missing a few little parts was a hell of a steal, and I would have gladly paid right away to prevent it slipping away.

I understand your wanting to know exactly what you are getting, but in the surplus business, sometimes you can't just wait around for people to make up their minds or be really happy before a purchase. I stay true to my word, but if someone comes around and looks at something I have 10 times kicking tires, then someone else hands me the cash for it, then it is sold. Unless I specifically promise the item to the first person, I still have to eat, and pay bills. I can't wait around forever for people to make up their minds or worry a bolt is missing. If something is missing, I adjust the price or throw in some extras. Joe obviously did that, by lowering the price quite a bit.

Yes, I know how you feel and I'm not saying anything bad about you or what you did. But, just think about this: in the rare surplus world, money speaks volumes and little delays can cost you that rare item. All of us that sell stuff are used to it just sitting around forever so when someone flashes the cash, it is sold.

Don't want to start any fires, not aiming to put any out. Wanted to give you a look on our side of the fence. Just my humble 2cents

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,If it wasn't sold I was gonna buy it just for that air regulator.Heck,I paid $450 plus $35 shipping for mine(The one on CUCV net) Several years ago.The seller even told me it had gotten soaked but didn't think anything was damaged.When it showed up with the bad regulator I just shrugged it off since he told me it had gotten wet and was sold as is.I took a chance and got bit on a small item but still think the kit was worth the purchase price with that one issue....now if I could only find that dang regulator......Odd ball items....dang it....

dc3coyote

As another Young Punk, Being 25. I have learned the hard way to listen to my elders. One point inparticular
Working on a electric motor underway. I told a senior electrician he was wrong, he said fine do it your way.
After I came too he was kind enough to inform me that not only was I nearly killed, but I had to replace both the Motor and his wrench that I apparently broke... Long story short.
Listen to older people, they have been shocked before.
Oh yea the wrench has been gold plated and hung on a necklace to remind me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks