• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forest Gump '88 M35A2C Recovery Kleiver Armory

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Want to trade for a nice M101A1? Sorry, after yesterday I'm not going to deliver it. (although I will be in Pullman in August for a wedding so I could pick the truck up then :razz:)

KaiserM109

… Anyway as you will notice, she was affectionally or I mean he was affectionally known as "Forest Gump". Not sure if I'm going to keep it there but for now it stays
You gotta keep it, but you also have to put 9th Infantry Division, 2nd Battalion, 39th Infantry bumper numbers on it.

AW
Formerly of 9th ID, 15th Combat Engrs. and 1st Bn, 11th Arty, Vietnam

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You gotta keep it, but you also have to put 9th Infantry Division, 2nd Battalion, 39th Infantry bumper numbers on it.

AW
Formerly of 9th ID, 15th Combat Engrs. and 1st Bn, 11th Arty, Vietnam
Actually I believe his father-in-law was in 2/60 INF (also 9th ID and my former unit) which would be more appropriate.

wsucougarx

Actually I believe his father-in-law was in 2/60 INF (also 9th ID and my former unit) which would be more appropriate.
Wow, outstanding memory!!!! My father in law was indeed w/the 2/60th, 9th Infantry Division from '67-'68 and was actually included in Senator John McCain's autobiography on pg 276 of Faith of my Father's (SSGT Randy Carpenter). He pretty much spent his entire tour in the Mekong, along w/the rest of the 9th.

wsucougarx

I completely drained the fuel tank last night. Yikes there were patches of brown goo on the bottom of the tank. I got her cleaned up pretty good and gave her a good diesel rinse before putting fresh diesel in. Need to get the oil changed and fuel filter changed out tonight.

Future projects:
Manual Windshield Washer
Air tank relief valves (Hmm need 3 valves)
Double gun rack (more or less to hang things off of and good cup holder)
Winch kit (already have bumper ext and winch brackets)
900 series grab handle for hood handle

Hammer

Ok, NOW I know who outbid me!
I remember seeing that truck there the first time I was on that base.
Guess it was defaulted, and went back up for auction.
Drooled over it again the second time on that base when I got my M109.
The CWO on that post is a nice guy. The motor pool there is full of some pretty helpful people!
And they told me how they had put a number of those vehicles up to spec before turning them over to DRMS/DRMO. I drove a few of mine 360+ miles home from that base!

Sounds like Gump got a good home. My wife is jealous, she wanted that truck! lol

wsucougarx

Ok, NOW I know who outbid me!
I remember seeing that truck there the first time I was on that base.
Guess it was defaulted, and went back up for auction.
Drooled over it again the second time on that base when I got my M109.
The CWO on that post is a nice guy. The motor pool there is full of some pretty helpful people!
And they told me how they had put a number of those vehicles up to spec before turning them over to DRMS/DRMO. I drove a few of mine 360+ miles home from that base!

Sounds like Gump got a good home. My wife is jealous, she wanted that truck! lol
Hammer, wait a second I thought you were liquidating your 2.5 tons for a 5 ton:wink: Were you the one who I was bidding against until the end? So exactly how long has that truck been sitting there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks