• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forgotten Heroes......

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That dozer is a Clark 290M heavy tractor/scraper. The scraper is missing, the dozer blade is really just a push plate, and not really movable. Very useful piece of equipment, used from Vietnam era to late 1980s.

Bart

Re: RE: Re: RE: more....

No.2Diesel said:
Nothing like a little buzz...Thanks for the aerial link Dan. That has to be the most well kept and organized yard ever.

----------------------------

Two Questions for the Dutch built buggers out there:

There are many small towns that have a German Tank in a square or round-about close to where they were immobilized during the war that act as a memorial. Is there any interest in getting these running or do they pretty much just sit there? Do museums take parts from these for their running tanks? Just curious. I picked a Military Vehicle International Magazine a couple of years ago which contained an article about the full restoration of a Jagdpanther to running condition. Very interesting.

How much is a deuce or 5ton at that place and how difficult would it be for you guys to get an American MV (Deuce or 5ton) on the road over there?

No so familiar with memorials to be honest, I live close to a Arnhem a place in the East part of Holland where the movie a "Bridge too Far" was filmed...., in the surrounding villages there are some mainly former US tanks sitting there acting as a memorial, but I think it's the carcass ONLY, I assue engine and fluids (+ armor obviously) have been removed.
regarding your second question:
i' m about to import a M 1046 Humvee from the US (Memphis TN).
purchased for 35K US (see www.usedh1.com for details)
add the following " extra's " ....
shipping appr. 1800 Euros (20 ft container + harley roadking classic)
Import duties. 10% for a " car" and 16% for a truck (more than 3.5 ton)
VAT (value added tax) 19%
road safety inspection, incl. fitting of extra lights etc etc 3000 EUROS
last but not least there is a STUPID tax named BPM this is an additional couple hundred Euros.
for the EURO / US dollar conversion see: www.xe.com

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: more....

Time for us to rent a RO RO ship and take a trip. How close are they to Roterdam or Amsterdam? We could even rail load them and push them out of Rieka. I will even volunteer to load plan the shipment.

Bart

Re: RE: Re: RE: more....

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Time for us to rent a RO RO ship and take a trip. How close are they to Roterdam or Amsterdam? We could even rail load them and push them out of Rieka. I will even volunteer to load plan the shipment.
Dear Chaplain,
Here you will find the exact location (south east of Holland...)
http://www.dvandam.nl/index2.php?LANG=ENG
place were most of the stuff is located is named: Herckenbosch

or as posted by a fellow Dutchie

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.16893,6.065193&spn=0.003041,0.007296&t=h&z=17&om=1

my advise IF you want to ship 'm out, take the port of Antwerp Belgium.
the biggest problem YOU guy's will have is the very very strong EURO compared to a weak US dollar...(www.xe.com)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: more....

I love the "8.5 BAR" on the fenders of the German HEMTT clone....

DSD277

I would love to show up at the next Mogfest with that! But afraid it's a bit of overkill for hauling my Haflinger. :lol:

Dave Dunn

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: more....

Hmm, I've learned something today, makes it a good day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks