• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forgotten Heroes......

JeepMan

Bart said:
JeepMan said:
Any chance of posting more pics of VanDams for us to see?
have only some pics left of former militairy construction equipment....
but most units can be viewed at:
http://www.dvandam.nl
I've been to thier site many times hoping that they'd update thier page with new pictures, however we want to see the rows and rows of US and Foreign military vehicles they have there!!

Bart

JeepMan said:
Bart said:
JeepMan said:
Any chance of posting more pics of VanDams for us to see?
have only some pics left of former militairy construction equipment....
but most units can be viewed at:
http://www.dvandam.nl
I've been to thier site many times hoping that they'd update thier page with new pictures, however we want to see the rows and rows of US and Foreign military vehicles they have there!!
I agree with you, I like rows and rows of MV's as well....have some ex mil. UK Volvo wheelloaders and some ex swiss army Komatsu dozers...
will check later what I can find to show you.
I posted a row of humvees in another post on humvee suppliers.....

JeepMan

Bart,
Since your there in the Netherlands, (and we're not), I know we'd appreciate enjoying some overview pictures of VanDams as alot of us here in the states don't get to see yards full of military surplus like VanDams has.

garp

RE: Re: RE: more....

the strnge dozer is a Cat built machine based on a 988 loader. Modified with a lock up torque convertor and set up to pull scraper unit. that is the scraper hitch you see sticking up. Clark/Michigan also built so very similar machine for Gov use. They had Cummins power but i think they pulled a Cat built scraper, not for sure though.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: more....

About $3K to $4K in shipping for a larger vehicle like a 5-ton or a deuce. Smaller trucks, like pickups and CUCVs (for example) would be $2K to $3K in shipping.

kcimb

Re: RE: Re: RE: more....

5tonpuller said:
It would cost a TON to get one of them here. Sad to see them just sitting and the crusher not far behind.
I heard you could get a ferret shipped for about 1000$...it goes by volume, not weight.

kcimb

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: more....

ucfjeeper said:
I want one of those cats!
Rachel Corrie would not want you to get one :lol:

I see British military wheeled dozers for 50k$ USD over on Withams, straight out of army reserve stock.

Bart

Ex UK Mil. Loaders

Last pics of Van Dams yard.....construction equipment this time....
some ex Mil. UK Volvo 4400 wheelloaders, funny is they came with a RIPPER at the back of the machine..?? never seen that before.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks