• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Sam Houston Deuces

Pawnshop

Yes, I thought of it driving in myself, could not see where they could be but there is a lot of Mabry we can not see from the main roads. I wonder how fun it will be to recover from Bullis...

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to check if I can go out and preview them. There is supposed to be about 20 coming up for sale.

Sorry I missed the meeting last night. I helped clean up after a guy took some trees down and the MS kicked my behind.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I ended up with the purple striped dropside with the missing radiator that sold today. I swore I wouldn't buy one of these, but the twin circuit brakes on these late 80's trucks is too intriguing to pass up.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any of you guys have any scoopage on the "Pink Lady" I would appreciate it! I was kicking around bringing a radiator and a couple windshields and driving her home, but then the injector pump would be missing. She'll have to go home "on the hook".

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought the Tan Lady to go along with your Pink Lady. It looks like she just came out of the paint shop. I like the Dual circuit brakes.

Luckily I have a couple of parts trucks for the missing tranny and anything else.

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any of you guys have any scoopage on the "Pink Lady" I would appreciate it! I was kicking around bringing a radiator and a couple windshields and driving her home, but then the injector pump would be missing. She'll have to go home "on the hook".
I didn't do more than glance over her while I was out there. Looked pretty solid other than the missing parts but that was enough to scare me off.

PM me a list of things you'd like looked over and I can go back out Monday and snap some more pictures for you.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know who got the XM818, anyone here get the really nice M35?
Tell your friend not to expect to drive the 818 home. Rod ran off a list of things wrong with it but unfortunately I have a hole in my brain so can't seem to retain anything more than 5 minutes. I just recall him saying the buyer might be surprised when they picked it up.

Pawnshop

Tell your friend not to expect to drive the 818 home. Rod ran off a list of things wrong with it but unfortunately I have a hole in my brain so can't seem to retain anything more than 5 minutes. I just recall him saying the buyer might be surprised when they picked it up.
My friend is intending to trailer it out, but it would be nice to drive it onto the trailer. If you go check out Pinky Tuscadero would you mind getting that trouble list from Rod for us? THAT would be awesome:)

Green_gator

Well, my amazement in this truck continues. After winning with a low ball bid I just found out this morning that my EUC is final and I have a paid invoice. Auction win on Feb 12, and a paid invoice on Feb 26! It took almost 14 days just to get the EUC submitted with GL on my 109 last year. Looks like I am headed to Texas soon.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4/9 UPDATE: More deuces arriving at Ft. Sam by the day, sweeties, notice they are riding IN STYLE on RGN's, no Redstone antics down here in TEXAS. Not sure where they are from because the unit markings were painted over with yellow paint, I think OK is using red paint???

Whoever bought the 900 series 5 ton cargos last week did good, the rubber on them is knee deep and the bent up bumper on the one is not a biggie. More of these are in screening right now, hopefully they will make it to GL.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rod said the 5 tons wouldn't start so not so sure they got a really great deal. I was just out at Sam yesterday but the yard was locked so didn't see the new deuces. I'm usually out there at least once a week if anyone needs a preview. I'm looking for a deuce also so don't expect to steal one :wink:

Sumoman

Well, I put in a real lowball bid on a deuce with hard top out of Fort Sam and come to find out it held. Should make for a decent length recovery but at least it is flat land the whole way. With airfare out there and fuel back this truck should set me back less the $1K total.

Thats because theres more to look at there at Fort Sam then Deuces.. Always wondered what would have been had I been a Nurse rather then Airborne Infantry:roll:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats because theres more to look at there at Fort Sam then Deuces.. Always wondered what would have been had I been a Nurse rather then Airborne Infantry:roll:
Thought the same thing many a time stuck in some hell hole like Ft. Polk. That's before I moved here and realized most of the "nurses" were going through combat medic training. Same poor saps I was stuck at Polk with:|

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks