• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a m1009 in junk yard today

Whiskeylake

Just joined up, due to having purchased my first m1009. Needing the following:
Jack
Dash trim(runs down middle of passenger dash, black and ends with custom deluxe badge)
Transfer case shift knob
Clevis
Radio rack
Antennae mount
Antennae
Antennae cable grommets
Decon unit
Front floor portion of seat belts
Complete ac system with ducts and vents

Looking for stuff in good condition.

Thanks!

Disciple

Don't forget to grab the starter. Even if it's fried you could have it rebuilt and sell it probably for more than you have into it, or have a cheap one for a spare for yourself.

What about the axles???? We all know there's a market for those bad boys. Heck, while you're at it, grab the T/C and drive shafts!

If you have the time, space, and ability to transport this thing, might as well shoot them a super low-ball offer to take the whole thing then part it out and make a killing here and on ebay at your leisure. Chances are probably pretty good that they don't really know what they have there.

monkeythumbs

If its not too late to jump in on the scrouging for parts....I'd like the slave cover from the front grill. Just the plastic and little cord (cap only ) would work. Probally more just for the shipping than the part. Thanks if its available.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What about the axles???? We all know there's a market for those bad boys. Heck, while you're at it, grab the T/C and drive shafts!
I must disagree. The market for 1/2 ton 3.08 geared axles (yes it has a locker, but a NASTY gov-lock) isn't huge. If it were a 1008, then certainly grab them. (If they weren't already gone, D60 fronts don't sit) But 1009 axles I wouldn't bother with the trouble of removing.

medrod2006

Hey if it's not late I'm interested in the Cluster, battery trays and battery cables if possible pm me. Thanks

chevyCUCV

Well i failed to make it over there today, worked till 2, yard closed at 3.
Also i dont have enough to make an offer on the whole thing
I was really hoping someone local would jump on this and i could go in on it with someone.

Anyways i will go there this week (monday looks rainy/ yard turns to mud pit)
But these guys have been less than pleasant every time i have dealt with them

Im thinking 600 for the whole thing is my top dollar, maybe even offer to return it when i am done? I would much rather scrap it myself, but i want these parts

And the starter is gunna be 12v, axles are garbage, trans and tcase are dime a dozen around here.

chevyCUCV

Nothing good to report
Went in today, checked it over again. Somebody tore apart the steering box/tierods but left it all there

Went into the office, asked about buying the whole thing. No dice. Asked if they would move it to a better location for me to get under it, nope. Told him i was interested in lots of parts. He said i should jack it up myself.
Guy was being an ******* in short terms, seemed annoyed that i would ask questions. I hate doing buisness with people like that. Its been the same way every time ive been there. I know too that once i pull the parts, they refuse to haggle, but they wont talk prices until you show them the part:cookoo: it can end up being a huge waste of time.

Not sure of my next move, but the heavy rain today means i wont be crawling around for a few days if i decide to go back

tankie88

Jeez.you must have some dorks working in your junk yards over on your side of the pond.I live right behind 3 junk yards here.2 years ago one of the yards had a civi burb 6.2 in.The body was shot but the motor was there and the like.The young guy (21)who worked there put the whole truck to one side and wouldn't crush it until he had asked me if there were any parts i needed.As he knew i had a 09.Sadly there wasn't a lot i needed,so i told him to shove it in the crusher.

chevyCUCV

Jeez.you must have some dorks working in your junk yards over on your side of the pond.I live right behind 3 junk yards here.2 years ago one of the yards had a civi burb 6.2 in.The body was shot but the motor was there and the like.The young guy (21)who worked there put the whole truck to one side and wouldn't crush it until he had asked me if there were any parts i needed.As he knew i had a 09.Sadly there wasn't a lot i needed,so i told him to shove it in the crusher.
Thats awesome someone would do that for you
Everyone is just unwilling to help. Even getting locations of types of vehicles is too much work for some of the workers. Its very unfortunate and not how i like to treat people/be treated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks