• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found a v17a/mtq........how rare?

JDToumanian

Fantastic! How bad is that rust? Looks like mostly just surface rust... Any body rot / cancer? The body is the important thing... cabs, fenders, or anything else can be replaced. Good save. I love seeing rare trucks get purchased by collectors.

Regards,
Jon

nattieleather

Not in too bad of shape. Looks like it will be a good (maybe frustrating) restoration. Good score! I like the different and obscer MV myself.

dogtags

Looks like this truck never received a restoration. Try searching on Craigslist in the southern IL area if you are interested in seeing what it looks like today. Might be titled "1953 REO V17A-MTQ - $4500 (Chester)" or something similar.

I do not know who this truck belongs to, just posting this for informational purposes related to this truck and thread.

~Robert

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks worse for wear now. Both front tires rotted and flat. Comes with a spare tub and ad says original has rot. "Ran when parked" actual wording in the ad.

Chariots of Fire

Clinto - JD's is a V18A/MTQ - the companion polesetter truck. This is a V17A/MTQ:

HTH,
David

Pix of these trucks in service are scarce too. I like this one - note the non-regulation positioning of the bridge weight classification disk on the door.
Mr. Doyle: do you have any other photos of the V17A? I have a friend who is doing a model of one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks