• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found a v17a/mtq........how rare?

JDToumanian

Fantastic! How bad is that rust? Looks like mostly just surface rust... Any body rot / cancer? The body is the important thing... cabs, fenders, or anything else can be replaced. Good save. I love seeing rare trucks get purchased by collectors.

Regards,
Jon

nattieleather

Not in too bad of shape. Looks like it will be a good (maybe frustrating) restoration. Good score! I like the different and obscer MV myself.

dogtags

Looks like this truck never received a restoration. Try searching on Craigslist in the southern IL area if you are interested in seeing what it looks like today. Might be titled "1953 REO V17A-MTQ - $4500 (Chester)" or something similar.

I do not know who this truck belongs to, just posting this for informational purposes related to this truck and thread.

~Robert

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks worse for wear now. Both front tires rotted and flat. Comes with a spare tub and ad says original has rot. "Ran when parked" actual wording in the ad.

Chariots of Fire

Clinto - JD's is a V18A/MTQ - the companion polesetter truck. This is a V17A/MTQ:

HTH,
David

Pix of these trucks in service are scarce too. I like this one - note the non-regulation positioning of the bridge weight classification disk on the door.
Mr. Doyle: do you have any other photos of the V17A? I have a friend who is doing a model of one.