• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found on road dead

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[/THREADTOPIC] It is a flooded railyard somewhere. Unlike a diesel locomotive, that has electric traction motors slung underneath, a steam engine could go though feet of water. You'd just have to do one **** of a PM job afterwords! I have no idea where or when this picture was taken. I've just been running across cool train pics and decided to start swaping up my avatar every month or so.[THREADTOPIC]

WBrun334

I sure would like to know if some mv caring person was able to get this truck. I agree that it must be a V41 as I have a M56B1 and this truck is not a contact maintenance truck. All the parts of the truck except for the box should be the same as the M37. And the frame is slightly extended in the rear. Don't let it go to scrap!

Bill W

The V-41 has the same wheelbase as the M-43, which is 126" which is 14" longer in the middle ( between the front and rear wheels ) than the M-37 and reinforced with 1/4" steel plate doubler about 4' long on each frame rail. There is one extra leaf spring on the front packs and two extra on the rears

Last edited:

Kkeel09

D.O.D.G.E
Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere
Sorry, ford enthausiast haha

But seriously, that is a pretty cool truck. First one of that kind I think I have ever seen. It would be a whole lot of work but would look so cool running around restored opposed to heading to the scrap yard

Rattlewagon

I've inquired about it and plan to buy it if they don't think the tool boxes are full of gold bars.
Ferro, I reaaaly hope you end up with it! This one is way to rare to let it rot to the axles. Besides, it's over 5 hours away and I don't have anywhere near the $$ to do it myself.

good luck!

p.s. aside from green trucks, I have a great love for trains of all kinds (who doesn't right?) so I was thinking, do you have a train picture album here somewhere?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks