• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found something missing.

swindad2

Installed my new air pack today. Thought it would be a good time to inspect all the drive shaft bolts, when I noticed an open hole on the bottom of the bell housing. I'm assuming there should be a plug here? Where could I get one? What size is it?

20140718_154049.jpg

swindad2

Whew! Thanks for that. I thought it odd that there were 2 plugs side by side. Guess I could have filtered through the TMs and found it. Don't beat me up too bad guys. :doh:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
50 lashes for you. Question and please I'm not picking on you.
Why not remove the plug that was beside the empty one for size then you would have notice it had no hole .

swindad2

You funny Rayzer. I was more worried about what might be getting in there. I did think about removing the "other" plug, but, since I am new to MVs, I thought I would just ask the experts opinions before doing anything. I did have the thought that it was supposed to be open. Now I know! :grin:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhhhh, good to see questions I am familiar with! Roflma! Congrats, and thanks for making my day!! Welcome aboard!��

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are many TMs for these trucks and we do mention them often. With that said, the operators manual can explain lots of these basic things. At least go through that manual pretty completely when possible.

bonedoc

Dam...Glad I found this, I saw the same on mine and thought....no biggie, I pick up a plug next time I'm at the hardware store...[thumbzup]

rustystud

Some where I read that some truck had a low psi of air plumbed into the bellhousing to keep stuff out when fording water.
Actually the deep water fording kit pressurizes the bell housing to about 2 to 3psi . So lets see, 1 bar equals 33ft of depth at 29.4psi , 14.7psi + 3psi = 17.7psi which is 1.66 times the 29.4psi =20ft-33ft = 13ft of depth. So at 3psi you can go 13ft underwater. That is of course if my math is not all screwed up !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks