• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found this under my truck.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't find where this goes. I found it under my laying under front of my truck. Any suggestions? Power steering or trans, as it has pink fluid. Nothing leaking that I see. 20220227_000207.jpeg20220227_000218.jpeg20220227_000222.jpeg

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I’m gonna start leaving random crap around my buddies trucks just to screw with them.

Nothing on my truck looks that clean. Nothing is made from stainless.

Could be a part from A/C if you have one. Or maybe CTIS. Or off chance it is a fill cap from hub???

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I’m gonna start leaving random crap around my buddies trucks just to screw with them.

Could be a part from A/C if you have one. Or maybe CTIS. Or off chance it is a fill cap from hub???
No AC. No CTIS. Its a fine threaded cap for something. I'm going to have to get under the truck tomorrow and probe around. I've been working on converting to a 4 man and just happened to look under the front of the truck as I was picking up tools.

Attachments

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about your wife’s car or the family car? Why are you assuming this stainless steel part is from your rig.
I haven't moved this out of garage other than test drives. My 1991 Z28 sits next to it. That hasn't moved since Oct.

I went through all the tms looking at every schematic.

Last edited:

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Reminds me of the scene in Ford V Ferrari where Shelby throws a handful of bolts into the Ferrari pit after their stop………

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only ones I know of that look like that are the two in the transfer case and in the hubs, but the hub plugs would be painted.
I have never seen a cooled differential cover but they may look like that

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More and more, I’m beginning to think this piece is not from your truck and something else was in your parking spot, maybe several months ago. Maybe another car, maybe a snowblower, may be an air conditioning repairman. That stainless steel piece did not come from your vehicle. My humble opinion

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More and more, I’m beginning to think this piece is not from your truck and something else was in your parking spot, maybe several months ago. Maybe another car, maybe a snowblower, may be an air conditioning repairman. That stainless steel piece did not come from your vehicle. My humble opinion
I don't think so either. I've ran it a few times up and down the street, no leaks. Trans full, oil fuel and power steering full.

I went over every inch and didn't find anything missing.

I did get to finish my 4 door conversion! So now I wait on sf97.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more possibility. If your truck was a two-door it might’ve been used as a missile launcher Or some other sort of application with stainless steel pieces on certain parts. Maybe the stainless steel parts on that that wound up on top of the engine during demilitarization. Running the engine would have vibrated the engine and perhaps caused that cap to fall off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks