• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free Deuce

This thread reminded me of a deuce I'd seen a bit south of where I live, down the old state highway. I hopped on Google Maps and tried to find it, but didn't spot it until I went all the way down the highway (virtually) in Street View. Apparently 686A Tan is effective camouflage around here!

cbvet

I talked to BobW's son's old girlfriend. She's gonna pick up the Deuce & meet me in Northern Indiana. Sorry. :twisted:

She's still cute by the way, in spite of the weight she's put on.

Eric
CBVET

offroaddiesel

Found a good looking deuce when I was over at a friends house. It's just parked in their neighbors yard. Thing is I asked my friend if they would sell and he said nobody lives there and haven't for awhile. He told me they didn't own that land or trailor anyways just rented it and the land owner would probably just give it to me if I got it out of there! That really made my day!!! So as you can imagine I'm gonna talk to the land owner and find out if how bad he wants it gone.[/quot

hey redneckabbot, want some good advise,, i would make sure i had the duece at your house before i would tell the world, you would be upset if it was gone when you got there,just my 2 cents steve from western maine

papercu

Unless the landowner go through the proper legal channels and gains legal ownership, the real owner could come back at any time and get his vehicle back and you will be out any money you've paid out. Wayne

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anytime I use google maps to look at my place, the satellite photos are at least 4 years old.

dlawbrey

In La. if it is abandoned for 2 years and can be verified by 2 of your witnesses you can go to state police and they will check for stolen, etc.. If all is good you can be issued a title in your name.

redneckabbott

I aint worried about no google maps or anything. I can think of atleast 10 deuces right off hand thats setting in the open. They have owners though so I'm not worried about them. Sad though seeing this one parked and rotting away. I have afew friends in law enforcement so I'll ask them what can be done about it.

crazyplowboy

It can't hurt anything to ask someone with some knowledge as to how to get ownership rights. I hope you get it. However be careful, as you might have read you can't have just one.

redneckabbott

I would go ahead and get pics and post but I'm sure somebody would recognize a twig or cow in the background and give away the location. If for somereason I'm unable to get ownership then I'll prob still get pics just so I can stare at it whenever I want.

crazyplowboy

Well guys he's giving us some more info on where it is. He said theres cows someplace nearby. If we go back through the thread I'm sure we could figure out where it is.
Just kidding, I don't think that anyone on this site would steal your dream away from you.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow i know where there is a hiding duece in slidell louisiana so i did the google street view. i can make it out but its just like being there . the green growing on it looks like all the green around it. i think ill go this weekend to see it again as the brown leaves now would let me take some better pics Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks