• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free Towbar!!!

jwaller

Jones said:
If you used the U.S. Mail to conduct any part of the transaction; give the Postal Inspectors a call. They get interested whenever there is a possibility of mail fraud. And the more heat for this guy, the better.
I tried this already. I did use the usps to send the check to him. the postal inspector told me that they delivered the mail to him and thats all they do. He wouldnt do squat.

jwaller

dc3coyote said:
Well you got the info to shut off his power, water, and get credit in his name have all his bills sent to a new PO box.
If you like I can help.
Just change his mailing address for one utility. that gives you a bill as proof of residency.
When you do it just say you forgot your wallet, and most places will use it instead.
get a credit card in his name and buy yourself one from Gl, just keep it under $499.99. and the credit card company will not even report it as fraud.
I would not object to a new cell in someones elses name. Then you can call in a bomb threat, and let the feds deal with him.
My 2 cents
I'll be more than happy to accept your help. I paid him 400 by check for a complete medium tow bar. have the canceled check and several emails from him telling me that he is going to send it. and then he just stopped responding.

jwaller

dc3coyote said:
Could I get his SS number, he is not on Steel Soliders is he, I do not want to screw one of us.
Here is my favorite I have been saving this one for a rainy day.
Go to one of those $499 divorce lawyers and serve his wife papers.
That puts a crimp in any relationship.
even if it is false he has to explain why all this stuff is happening, then his wife realizes she married an idiot, and leaves him.
I'm pming it to you now. he is not on here and strangely enough I had bought from him in the past on ebay and he sent that stuff. just wont send the bar.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If (divorce)papers are sent, and I would LOVE to hear about it, the mods should be notified so that trouble doesn't look for them. They might want to edit or delete some posts in this thread. I laughed ALL DAY LONG over papers getting sent!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that I would ever admit it but I recall a story once about a guy ordering 30 yds of P gravel and having it sent to a house. This unnamed individual planted a survey stick in the middle of the front yard and told the trucking company dump it right there. Shoulda seen the guys face a week later when the 2 ready mix trucks showed up.

chevycrew

I had a buddy help me out like that, he worked construction.

I wanted a little fill dirt for landscaping, well I get home from work, there is a 12 foot tall pile, the result of an end dump trailer load being dumped on my lawn...

I thought it was funny, but if you were not expecting it....YIKES

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW.. if he's married and travels, have someone send you some stationary from a faraway posh hotel, and you box it up with a womans' shoe (espcially like a size 15.. if you see what i'm getting at, it would be even better..), maybe a martial aid, fur handcuffs, and some used womens' undewear or garter, and send it to him fedex guaranteed delivery so it arrives when he's at work and his wife gets it. Oh, and before you put in the stationery (of course enclose in the hotel envelope), write a note on it from the hotel manager, thenking him and his wife for their stay, explaining that you are returning these items which were left behind since they would reflect a memorable stay, and expressing your wishes that he and his new wife consider the presidential (or honeymoon) suite again on their first anniversary.

Jones

If the wind and the weather are right, nothing sends a gift that keeps on giving like a load of chicken manure. Have it delivered on the lawn, close to the windows, where it can't be readily scooped up. To keep it from being blown away, set the sprinkler on it.

chevycrew

How about pulling a credit report, contact all forms of credit, have them lock the accounts for fear of credit fraud...

that should be a few weeks of having no funds

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: NEW NEWS....

We need more than that! What did the guy say? Was there any hesitation? Did he say he was sorry? Come on man DETAILS!

lstmate

RE: NEW NEWS....

Actually being that I was on his turf..... I knocked on his door.... His wife came to the door and I asked if he was there..... He came out and I proceded to discuss that I was there to pick up a towbar for jwaller. I asked if he had a problem with me picking it up and he said no. As a matter of fact he helped me load that @#$% heavy thing. There was absolutely no hesitation. He did state that the ebay sale ended right before or during his vacation and that it was about a month before he got home. This apparently had a lot of affect of the doward spiral of this deal.

DMgunn

Congrats Garry....now, here is your next challenge. It is worth $250 to you or anyone else who cares to claim it.

There is a punk thief by the name of Kyle Greek in Chillicothe IL. He caused me and two other guys some grief on www.Pirate4X4.com a while back. Google his name if you want to see the results of stirring the hornet's nest that is Pirate. Guys were posting bank info, current and previous employers, neighbors' contact info, satellite pics of his house, and a couple guys even took pics of his house and mailbox one night. Then they linked the whole thread to a bunch of other sites. Spooky.

Never saw my $250, though. Wasn't worth messing with, but for someone closer.....

Tell him DMGunn says Hi.

poppop

Two friends of mine were always pulling pranks on each other. One got tired of it and sent a health department letter to the other while he was out of town. It said he had been named by this women as one of her contacts and he needed to get to the health department ASAP. Wife was waiting in the driveway when he came home. No more jokes after that. :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks