• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freeze Plug Heater

Tim Sothard

Looking into a freeze plug style block heater. I have a 1000watt wolverine oil pan heater that I used to use but eventually stopped using it because of oil leaks. I had a diesel mechanic replace my rear main but leakage continues. So I'm thinking of going with the freeze plug style sounds like a better style anyway. Has anyone ever put a plug on either side of the block? say- 500w on each side, or is that overkill? I don't mind making my elect. meter spin more, just lookin for the best way to help this 30yr old engine out when its 5 deg. in the morning. Thanks

Tim Sothard

Got a winter front. Spent a lot of time last couple years working maintenance on my company's powerlines between Mancelona and Kalkaska. Good area for deer. I don't see many CUCV'S on the road around here. I drive the **** out of mine. Its Pink. Used to be Red. Turns ALOT of heads!! Thanks for the advise!!