• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freeze Plug Heater

Tim Sothard

Looking into a freeze plug style block heater. I have a 1000watt wolverine oil pan heater that I used to use but eventually stopped using it because of oil leaks. I had a diesel mechanic replace my rear main but leakage continues. So I'm thinking of going with the freeze plug style sounds like a better style anyway. Has anyone ever put a plug on either side of the block? say- 500w on each side, or is that overkill? I don't mind making my elect. meter spin more, just lookin for the best way to help this 30yr old engine out when its 5 deg. in the morning. Thanks

Tim Sothard

Got a winter front. Spent a lot of time last couple years working maintenance on my company's powerlines between Mancelona and Kalkaska. Good area for deer. I don't see many CUCV'S on the road around here. I drive the **** out of mine. Its Pink. Used to be Red. Turns ALOT of heads!! Thanks for the advise!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks