• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Resto 5 M1009

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Painted!

We the weather was good on Sat. so I did get a chance to paint. I think it turned out real nice. I like the color..it would make a great base color for an urban camo paint scheme. :grin:

David

Attachments

DIESELGREEN

Looks fantastic. Makes me want to keep my resto nostalgic and not butcher up my 1008 to throw it in the woods. Keep up the good work, I'll be watching this thread too.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks

Thanks guy's! I should be able to paint/detail the underside and wheels this weekend. I will keep you posted.

Ben, looking forward to getting started on your truck. [thumbzup]

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
progress...

I got the interior floor painted with Herculiner, i used this stuff many times with good results. I also painted the wheels and wheel wells and under the front and back for the truck.

I also got a chance to dye the interior parts black. This was a replacment dash pad (grey) and the dye covered very nice.

Oh, also can see the new tail light lense and front side marker lense installed. NICE!

Enjoy!

David

Attachments

ssdvc

NICE TRUCK :beer:

Will you be dying the seat belts black, to match the interior???:mrgreen:

caladin

That Dash has got me thinking. Looks great thanks for all the info and pics. How hard was it to remove the cab for cleaing and painting?

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No dash cover, don't like them. This is a replacement Army grey dash pad that was in good shape, so I just used the SEM dye to paint it black. :mrgreen:

Don't need to take off the cap off the truck to paint and clean. That's a real PITA. And doesn't add to the quality.

I will not being painting the seat belts black..tried that and does not work. In fact I tried twice! :cookoo:And both time it made the belts too stiff and hard to work in the belt retractors. Then talked to my interior guy who told me that it never works. So now I just paint the hard plastic parts of the belts and leave the belts themselves.

Thanks!
:beer:

David

stampy

What does a cosmetic resto like this cost? (ballpark) minus the truck cost but assuming paint, new marker lights and interior work such as you have done here? Man it looks great!