• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Resto 5 M1009

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m1009

What does a cosmetic resto like this cost? (ballpark) minus the truck cost but assuming paint, new marker lights and interior work such as you have done here? Man it looks great!

Hey Stampy, best to give me a PM, or call me @ 410-980-2739
All the jobs are different and the price may vary depending on what you may want. :grd:

David
410-980-2739

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
progress...

I worked on the Grey Ghost today and you can see the progress. I will finish the truck up tomorrow. Then a day of cleaning and then out the door... and on to the next project. You guy's will love the one comming up next! Anyway, here is a tip: When installing the door chanel weather stripping start by installing the top first the go and install the strip next to the vent window. Because this will allow you enough slack in the window glass to shimmy the felt down between the window and the channel. Now install the back side of the felt... the big thing here is that you can put your arm into the door enough to grab hold of the felt and pull it down the channel. See the pictures.
:grd:

Attachments

67_C-30

Yep, that's what I did. It takes a special dye for the belts themselves. Very expensive, better off going to Pep Boys and buying the HELP new black belts.
I've had good luck with RIT fabric dye on seats. I cheap them really good first, then I put a bif pot on the stove, bring up to a boil, add the dye AND some salt. (the salt is very important. The dye rubs off without it), let it cool a little and put the belts in. I let them stay in there until the water cools all the way down. After they are done, I hose the belts off really good, let them dry. If they are light colored belts, sometimes I've had to do them twice. It works well and holds up well also.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Done!

This build is done!

Here is a sneak peak at my next job.

And some future jobs waiting in the wings..

Attachments

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have another one for you to do David. My son Sean HEDELTA wants his M1009, the sister of the last restore, done. You do very good work. I will am going to put the dually with the display trucks at Aberdeen, and in Sussex, if done by then. But I am in no hurry...I am a very particular guy. David is a great guy to do business with and a good family man. His word is his bond. In this day it is hard to find honorable men who back up what they promise with deeds and results. David delivers..

ssdvc

So Dave, will the Ghost be ready to pickup tomorrow[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]??????

Don't worry everyone, she will be at Aberdeen in a few weeks.

ssdvc

Dave, sorry I didn't get over there today. My day went crazy. She looks good and I can't wait to pick her up and make room in your now crowded driveway !!! I'll call tomorrow.

tnttnt187

Hello 82ABNMP (David), I know it's been said many times by many members but, I felt at least one more during this thread would be o.k. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise during these projects. Not to mention the time taking photos and explaining the details of the work being done.Your the kind of person the members need and I'm sure want. Please try to continue. Thanks Tom[thumbzup]

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1009

Thanks, for the kind words. This is just a hobby and as such should be FUN and not add to the stress of our daily lives. So I try to make things easy for me and the folks I deal with! :driver:

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
stickers

I don't think so. But I have never really checked. Top tip though...if you want to clean them don't soak them...apply some light cleaner to a clean rag and wipe them lightly...or the ink will rub off.

David