• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresno, Ca. to Macon, Ga. Leaving June 5th ish

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
When I travel I like to take a friend or several. Another Steel Soldier of sorts. Be aware of each states laws regarding having these friends on board. I try to avoid friend unfriendly states but there is at least one there you can't avoid.
There will be 6 of us traveling together so someone will always have an eye on things.

mdmorganwife

When I travel I like to take a friend or several. Another Steel Soldier of sorts. Be aware of each states laws regarding having these friends on board. I try to avoid friend unfriendly states but there is at least one there you can't avoid.
Wonder how you can ship such a friend, so we can have them with us.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder how you can ship such a friend, so we can have them with us.
The area is gray at best. Long friends are more easily shipped to one self at another address than their little brothers. I get some special provisions because of my employer but if I didn't and was making that long trip, I would find a person/shop licensed in the first friendly state and ship it to them and pick it up when you leave the west. Might take a few phone calls to work it out but I'd bet it could happen. Another option would be to ship it to another member in the route home but you still have the same provisions. I have shipped many long friends to myself while traveling or to have one in place for my later arrival.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will love AK. We can trade stories over the campfire at the Ga Rally. If you can at all, drive some of the Dalton, and look for the Northern Lights.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Quick update, we left Fresno about 1430 yesterday and we have been driving nonstop and are planning to make it to Las Cruses Nm. here shortly, where we will stop to sleep through the hottest part of the day and get back at it tonight.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I was wondering just this am how you folks were doing. How is the a/c working?
It blows cool but can't keep up with the heat of the day, I don't think the cab is air tight/insulated enough, and I don't think it is blowing as cold as it should be. Oh and we are on the move again, gonna try to make it through Texas before the sun comes up.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took me three days to drive from Atlanta to San Clemente in 2000, and that was in a big Beemer that would not go less than 75 on the interstate. I drove from a hour before dawn till dusky dark. Atlanta to Dallas, Dallas to Wilcox, AZ, and Wilcox to San Clemente. Just don't run low on fuel in west Texas - it'll be a l-o-o-o-o-o-n way to the closest truck stop. That's why Van Horn, TX exists!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hammer down!! Looks like you are making good time. Stay safe, watch out for the weather between La and Ga

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks