• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresno, Ca. to Macon, Ga. Leaving June 5th ish

3dAngus

Finally!!! Made it through Texas.
Oh, well if you're getting into the swamps of Louisana you're practically home.
I recall flying into Dallas to pick up a Mercedes of mine there. When I hit Louisiana I found myself going over 120mph when,...
yep, right behind me was a single light catching up fast. I thought, who in the heck would be driving this fast, so fast I was almost afraid to look at the speedometer, and thought for sure it was a policeman, but, no... no lights and he got right on my bumper. Just trying to make a point to me I guess, so I hit the gas pedal, which was only half way down, and made him keep up for the next 40 miles. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and slowed down to "normal" which is about 80 in that area, and he pulled beside me at that point and gave a simple salute. From that point on, we rode all the way to Atlanta together, stopping and chatting once or twice, even had something to eat together.
Amazing the things that go on, on the road. He drove that motorcycle for charity, driving back home to Atlanta for good, coming in from Oregon, and getting donations for every mile he drove.
I on the other hand, paid for my own fuel, but the stories I could tell, while on the road, are priceless.

Enjoy. Life is short. Happy to see you with family again. I'm sure they appreciate all you do.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Anybody know what the longest distance traveled for a recovery is? I know I didn't drive it from Nellis, AFB to Fresno, but it was part of the distance traveled on the route to recovering the truck. Total of 2,911 miles. Do I win?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You made it home safely, without any major breakdowns, or unexpected expenditures. You made a great trip of it.

I think you already won.