• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From one border to the other in a deuce and m105

Another Ahab

Drove to the southern side of the Grand Canyon. The North side is pretty as well, traveled there on a previous trip.
I don't know what's the current count for world wonders, but that Grand Canyon is absolutely one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

Nobody can take a bad picture of it. You get there, and just plain open the shutter:

- Bingo; you just created a photographic masterpiece!

It is amazing. I'm glad I was there to see it once. Thanks for the photos, red! And wishing you continued safe travels. :grin:

Canyon.jpg

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Got it fired back up. The o-rings on the pump pressure regulator (pic) blew, bypassing the pressure back to the tank.
there is no "pic" ( would like to see it) but glad you got it fixed and your back on track. We are following you with great interest, and well wishes in the trip. beautiful pictures.

turnkey

Great trip report so far...Just got back from Reno,NV. had a car show with several MV in it...great stuff....Pics are great ...Keep in mind if you need help just holler for one of us SS guys or really anyone following your trip.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sounding like she's runnin that great? Truck garage or S.S. member's place available for repairs? Can't do nuthin from Central Illinois, so will wish ya the VERY best and that it gets a "tad" easier.

Another Ahab

Currently 100 miles south of SLC on I15
Not sounding like she's runnin that great? Truck garage or S.S. member's place available for repairs? Can't do nuthin from Central Illinois, so will wish ya the VERY best and that it gets a "tad" easier.
Wonder if running at altitude might be an issue; not a mechanic and don't know what altitude you're running, but starved for air, maybe?

Last edited:

red

Too much black smoke and unable to idle below 1200rpm. Loss of power. Made it to my friends house at Hill AFB.

Thinking a injector(s) is stuck open

red

Well, looks like Hill AFB in Utah is gonna be the stopping point for this adventure. Time to start looking for a job and a place to live here

red

Hey, red, has that been your plan all along?

Or was your decision by other method!?

View attachment 559921
Made by the fact that my multifuel decided to destroy a valve, and some injectors stuck open requiring rebuild. Total repair cost for an engine I don't plan to keep would put me over budget to finish the trip.

Staying here works because I have friends that live in this area, I like this area, and I can get a job here.

Another Ahab

Made by the fact that my multifuel decided to destroy a valve, and some injectors stuck open requiring rebuild. Total repair cost for an engine I don't plan to keep would put me over budget to finish the trip.

Staying here works because I have friends that live in this area, I like this area, and I can get a job here.
That's a great and special way to live:

- You have job skills that can travel, and

- No particular reason to stay anchored to any one place. and then

- There's this big wide Republic that honors your citizenship anywhere on the continent from "sea-to-shining sea" (CONUS).

That's pretty neat, red. Sure hope you'll keep your thread active here and let us know how it all shakes out for you. Here's my toast to you for fair winds, following seas, and the wish that long may your big job draw! :beer:

red

Thank you, was a fun adventure! Especially since I spent so little during the trip.

I'll keep updating the build thread on the truck. Engine swap and power steering are next! Couple months away haha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks