• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front differential additive?

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In reading the LO 9-2320-289-12 Lubrication order, it seems like you're to put the additive in the front diff. if its a M1031, am I reading this right? I just put it in the rear diff. of my M1028a1s (M1031s).
thanks

ida34

I think you mean the limited slip additive. If you have a limited slip in the front then you need it. A lot of premium gear lube already contains the additive. Check the bottle to be sure.

tsmall07

The additive can also be called a "friction modifier". Get the stuff that already has it included because the separate tubes are a pain to add.

sweetk30

but what if you have a civilian issue truck with gov locker? should you use the additive?

i am swaping in a power lock in my 60 frt and need to get the additive. but have a new gov-loc in the rear and want to be safe. do i need it?

AJMBLAZER

The Gov-Lock needs the GM limited slip additive.

I've actually heard Ford and Dodge guys recommend the GM additive as a really good product to use in those manufacturer's limited slip diffs. Apparently it's good stuff.