• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front drive shaft question

bryan70546

SS experts , I have a quick question I have noticed a vibration that is like a humming noise that echoes threw out the deuce while driving down the road , I was under the truck today and found that the front driveshaft rear u-joint has some deflection in it OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories all the other drive shafts are nice and tight , would this cause this vibration that come and goes while driving i plan on changing the u-joint reguardless .
Thanks everyone .
Bryan

bryan70546

darn thats sucks , I have used them a bunch of times and never had any problems , Wont be doing any thing any time soon so that gives some time to find another sourse maybe can find them locally

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech,
If you used a credit card, I would contest the charge, if it is within 60 days of appearing on the bill.

Westech

CPL
already on that.... I not happy at all.. it seams like every week there is a problem with OD iron. I think its time he just stop selling parts. Its too much of a pain in the rear for half the orders to get messed up. And the New star parts are really crappy. the starter switch I got I bet I will be replacing with in the year. Just junk.

Westech

CPL
we beyond nice now.. I just T'ed off. But anyway.. this is about a U joint not ODiron..... I have used the napa u joints and there really good stuff. little more $ like 5 bucks.. but you know if there is problem its just a trip down the road and no shipping. you really have to do your home work.. night be a buck less some place else.. but shipping and if there is a problem is worth $ ya know...

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or if you want a really nice u-joint go to your local 4x4 shop, they probably handle Spicer joints. I run them in my mud truck (standard 1410 size) and they hold up great to over 700 horse with 57" tall tires.

FormerNewMVGuy

The vibration could be a tire also, I had a vibration in my truck that ended up being a underinflated tires. Of course my other deuce had a vibration that was a badly pitted bearing race.