• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Flexible brake lines

Boatcarpenter

Anybody have a civvy Part # for the flexible brake lines for the front brakes of a Deuce? Want to have a couple in hand before starting work on the front brakes so I don't have to pull one and then go chasing them down and try to match up with something. Only a guess, but probably not to hard to find a replacement that would work.

m35a2cowner

I took my old ones into NAPA and they matched them up with some that they had on the shelf. I think I have the box around somewhere. Let me do a bit of searching and I'll post the number if I find it.

m35a2cowner

HA! And women think that never throwing anything away is a fault. The part number of the ones that fit my truck is NAPA 4751. Not sure what it originally fit but the length and ends are correct. It would be a good idea to inquire as to the working pressures to see if it matches the originals.

Boatcarpenter

Thanks again :D :D Will check that out. I think Cranetruck had a post about brake system pressure with and without air assist I'll see if I can find then I'll know what to check for. BTW, I've been accused of being a packrat also until I come up with just what someone is looking for on a Sunday afternoon when everything is closed!!

m35a2cowner

If you find those pressures let me know as I forgot to take my own advice. By the way I replaced my hoses because I had a brake that was slow to release. I tried everything I could think of to fix it and finally did so by cleaning up the mounting hole in the shoe with a rat tailed file and a bit of never-seize on the mounting post. Not a problem since. Good luck with your project.

Boatcarpenter

Going to take me a while to find those pressures, but I will. I think I have rears that are slow to release judging by pedal feel during a stop when I apply them two or three times close together. So as soon as it gets a little warmer I think I am going to check and rehab all brakes, front boots, front and rear seals etc. Trying to decide if I should just replace all rear axle seals while I'm at it even though I don't have any visible leaks now. I've had a rubber brake line look good on the outside but the inner material deterioates and acts like a one way valve, so it's a while I'm at it job. I'll let you know when I find those pressures.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doesn't think so Sir. There is a rear frame cut down in Ft Laud that I'm taking the new hoses from. I'll compare them to the fronts I have to see what we have. Expect to wait until the weekend for a response.

Crazyguyla

Boatcarpenter said:
The rear lines are steel with a winding like a spring around them to help absorb and distribute vibration I think. They don't need to be flexible because the rear wheels don't turn like the fronts.
There's flexible lines from the frame to the rear axles. I think that is the oneas BFR was asking about.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dangit, dangit, dangit! When I went pilliaging Saturday those rear hoses were at the top of this list. Don't you know I forgot to get the suckers. Dangit! I'll measure them in the morning and let y'all know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks