• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Flexible brake lines

Boatcarpenter

Anybody have a civvy Part # for the flexible brake lines for the front brakes of a Deuce? Want to have a couple in hand before starting work on the front brakes so I don't have to pull one and then go chasing them down and try to match up with something. Only a guess, but probably not to hard to find a replacement that would work.

m35a2cowner

I took my old ones into NAPA and they matched them up with some that they had on the shelf. I think I have the box around somewhere. Let me do a bit of searching and I'll post the number if I find it.

m35a2cowner

HA! And women think that never throwing anything away is a fault. The part number of the ones that fit my truck is NAPA 4751. Not sure what it originally fit but the length and ends are correct. It would be a good idea to inquire as to the working pressures to see if it matches the originals.

Boatcarpenter

Thanks again :D :D Will check that out. I think Cranetruck had a post about brake system pressure with and without air assist I'll see if I can find then I'll know what to check for. BTW, I've been accused of being a packrat also until I come up with just what someone is looking for on a Sunday afternoon when everything is closed!!

m35a2cowner

If you find those pressures let me know as I forgot to take my own advice. By the way I replaced my hoses because I had a brake that was slow to release. I tried everything I could think of to fix it and finally did so by cleaning up the mounting hole in the shoe with a rat tailed file and a bit of never-seize on the mounting post. Not a problem since. Good luck with your project.

Boatcarpenter

Going to take me a while to find those pressures, but I will. I think I have rears that are slow to release judging by pedal feel during a stop when I apply them two or three times close together. So as soon as it gets a little warmer I think I am going to check and rehab all brakes, front boots, front and rear seals etc. Trying to decide if I should just replace all rear axle seals while I'm at it even though I don't have any visible leaks now. I've had a rubber brake line look good on the outside but the inner material deterioates and acts like a one way valve, so it's a while I'm at it job. I'll let you know when I find those pressures.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doesn't think so Sir. There is a rear frame cut down in Ft Laud that I'm taking the new hoses from. I'll compare them to the fronts I have to see what we have. Expect to wait until the weekend for a response.

Crazyguyla

Boatcarpenter said:
The rear lines are steel with a winding like a spring around them to help absorb and distribute vibration I think. They don't need to be flexible because the rear wheels don't turn like the fronts.
There's flexible lines from the frame to the rear axles. I think that is the oneas BFR was asking about.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dangit, dangit, dangit! When I went pilliaging Saturday those rear hoses were at the top of this list. Don't you know I forgot to get the suckers. Dangit! I'll measure them in the morning and let y'all know.